How did your sz/sza start?

Year 2000, 27 years old. ADHD meds were switched from methylphenidate to dextroamphetamine in March, and over the course of the next six months my sanity went bye bye. Got into fights with my friends and ended up stopping most socializing, and by November I was living in a waking delusion…

1 Like

i got sz at 26…it came on suddenly…i woke up one moring in a living nightmare

@Katherine85 what was it like going sz at 7, it must have been very disturbing

Yes. It’s really disturbing. And I can say I barely had life before schizophrenia because it started too soon.

@Katherine85…did you get command hallucinations at aged 7/8/9 …what was it like…did voices tell you to say or do stuff at that young age

Yes. And I started to harm myself.

1 Like

It started at age 6. I was paranoid of the other kids and ran away from school. It happened throughout grade school and high school. Then, at age 15, I became prodromal, isolated, withdrawn, and very bulimic. At age 23, in college, I had a full blown psychotic breakdown but I hid it because I didn’t want to get expelled from my place in nursing school. At age 31, I became suicidal and got admitted to a psych hospital with a diagnosis of severe depression. At age 34, I developed olfactory hallucinations and was diagnosed sza, bipolar type.

Sorry to hear your story. How old did you start your med? How long does it take to get your voice under control?

I started to take medication when I was 19, but it was complicated, because I tried many antipsychotics and they didn’t work. So I was hospitalized when I was 22. After hospitalization I started to feel more stable. My voices have never been totally under control, but medication helps a lot.

1 Like

I was 14. It started with depression and then evolved into psychosis.

At age 24 when I was living in New York.

It started with a tiny wart on my forehead, then I broke my arm, soon it progressed into full blown psychosis.

I started to get positive and negative symptoms in 2013 but wasn’t diagnosed with schizophrenia until 2015.

2 Likes

In 2013 I was 23, I fractured my skull among other bones and had an acute subdural hematoma. Almost a year later in 2014 i had about a 2 month psychotic episode and was hospitalized against my will for a month and a half. My dad might have had sz too but I don’t know him that well. I’ve had other head injuries. In my life could be many factors that caused it. I feel for anyone that’s been dealing with it since a kid/teen I can’t imagine.

I began with schizophrenia when I was 20. I was feeling bad so me and my brother moved from where we were living in London to a relative’s house to have me checked out. I had my first episode while at the relative’s house, I jumped out of a window and hit the ground. After I was rushed to a hospital and then to a psychiatric hospital. I had been put on medication while in London and I still blame that for inducing the schizophrenia later in time.

1 Like

I was 38. It came on suddenly. Nothing gradual about it. I was in a hospital before I knew anything was off.

I rolled a Honda Accord on the highway doing 80 Mph — my dad was a jerk most of my life — I was scared of an elementary school teacher — marijuana and acid, mushrooms and other drugs, the idea of someone using witchcraft on me ---- molestation as a kid…

I cannot remember ANYTHING from 1989 (birth) to 2013 (estimate). I’m 30 years old and it’s 2020. I have fake or false memories combined with grandiosity. I have no clue what happened to me. It’s like I follow the same old story or script in this time loop. For me, it feels like I’m in an eternal causal loop/time loop. Like the universe resets including my body, mind, memory, spirit, soul, and consciousness.

According to my original story, I did some drugs in 2011 and became dissociated and experienced psychosis. I dropped out of college in 2011. Then everything is a blur since 2013. I think in 2014 I had a marijuana card for my Aspergers and started getting paranoia again. Then in 2015, I had my worst psychotic break.

In 2016, I “hallucinated” some military UFOs and became unstable and psychotic again. I have fears of the mental hospital and the future.

It seems like, according to my psychosis, I die and come back alive, only waking up or restarting my life in 2013 onward. 2013 is my best estimate.

I rather not get into my details and go down the rabbit hole again.

I often say and think I’m a super soldier who experiences consciousness transfer or time travel. I can literally sense my soul going backwards in time into my body to the year 2013.

I have a million other thoughts, which I won’t talk about right now. I have confabulation I think because I cannot remember things really. It’s not on purpose. Some people call it amnesia or false memory syndrome. It seems super, super real to me.

I often think the government gave me schizophrenia. If it wasn’t them, maybe it was aliens…?

I don’t know. Sometimes I doubt I even have schizophrenia, but then I see and think I have been disabled for 9 years and HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING during that time. To me, that means I got something really, really wrong with me. I used to be normal and high functioning.

I really don’t see a positive future for myself.

1 Like

Welcome back! I hope you’re doing well and did not dip into psychosis!

1 Like

Ya, it’s pretty hard. I tried the class and quit. I want to finish it someday. It’s pretty hard :smiley:

1 Like

Mine just hit me one day when I was 12. I was seething mad at my father one day and I heard a voice to “Kill them both. Kill them now!” in reference to my father and step-mother. When I was 14, I was diagnosed. I was in the hospital before I knew what hit me.