How Did You Stumble On This Forum?

I think I was researching Truman Show Delusion and some comments came up on Google from this site. That’s how I ended up here, I think. It was quite a few years ago.

So, how did you find Schizophrenia.com?

1 Like

At like 4 AM I couldn’t sleep because of hallucinations. I googled “schizophrenia help” and this was the first result. I felt immediate relief from the realization I wasn’t the only one out there like me, so I kept coming back.

2 Likes

after years of ignoring my diagnosis and not taking my meds i was hospitalized. one day a few months later i finally started to research and learn about schizophrenia on the internet. i found this site in the process, said i was never coming back after a week, and here i still am. i remember @far_cry0 welcomed me at the time, he is not as active anymore.

2 Likes

you’re saying half truths. Its a major condition.

I too was surprised that others were or had been through similar stuff like I was going through.

It was a bit of relief and an A-Ha! moment at the same time.

1 Like

he’s on selfies. idk.

2 Likes

The biggest relief for me was seeing how many people were married, how many were working, how many had kids. It really gave me hope that I could still have the life I wanted. My doctor at the time told me the best I could hope for was to get on disability and get used to being alone.

2 Likes

I researched what I thought was my reality at the time - thought broadcasting - and it lead me to this sight, I got great advice, and hope that I’ve offered good advice about that particular delusion.

3 Likes

I really can’t remember but what I do remember is when I was on here for the very first time I was so happy.

3 Likes

I was searching for schizophrenia support groups, but looking locally. There is an Ontario chapter of the schizophrenia Society in Peterborough, but the number is out of service

That’s why I kept looking

2 Likes

People have left due to change in format.

I want to say the inception was 2002, but not sure.

1 Like

I found the site pretty quickly from researching the diagnosis.

I knew I’d like posting because I had experience with the IMDB bulletin boards, before they did away with them. (I spent the most time on the ‘LOST’ (tv show), board. )

2 Likes

I was researching schizophrenia and stumbled onto the old forums.

I had never been in a chat room or on a message board and didn’t really know how they worked but I saw some guy asking something about being employed and I thought that was right up my alley and I answered and he said it helped. So I kept coming back. Started coming once in a while and then started coming a little more. And soon I was on here once a week for an hour until now I’m here every day, several times a day.

I don’t see any reason to stop.

4 Likes

Googled online…

1 Like

I wish there was an archive of all our early times.

I guess not. I was rarely suspended.

2 Likes

I was newly diagnosed with Schizoaffective years ago for the first time by my old psychiatrist and therapist.
I didn’t know much about it and I wanted to meet others with the same affliction.

I found this site (the original forum) on the computer and liked what I saw because I didn’t feel as alone anymore.

I used the name Wave back then as well.
Never changed the name all these years later.

4 Likes

I realised the AP’s were making me a fat zombie, and I was researching what to do and found this forum. I stayed for a while, dropped off the radar for a couple of years, and then came back when things deteriorated to get support.

Now I stay to support others, now that I am doing better.

It’s a journey. We need everyone to chip in (Which I think they do already), and that’s what makes this great!

I don’t really know anyone else IRL other than my family and it’s connections with the outside world.

Kinda feels good to know there are others out there. Just wish the best for everyone on their way to getting better and learn more from each other

:black_heart:

6 Likes

I was at work in an accounting office when I found this forum.

2 Likes

I’m not even joking when I found this place at first, it was like an effing haven

1 Like

Now Ive developed a bit of paranoia but I still like it…and I will overcome the paranoia as I am, slowly. But surely.

2 Likes