How did you find this forum?

I’m pretty sure I just looked up schizophrenia group therapy and this showed up. This site works like therapy for me in a way, so I guess it worked out.

12 Likes

It was basically the same for me. I actually tried to find a support group at my pdocs building. All of the support groups were for addiction and none for mental disorders so I went online and found this forum.

5 Likes

I used to read science daily for a while then I searched schizophrenia news :slight_smile:

1 Like

In 1999 I was on the brink of my first hospitalization and feeling like I had no one to connect with. I came across a message board/chat room that helped me tons. A lot of members came here too. I was officially diagnosed a year or so later. Not sure when I first came here but early 2000’s. I was pretty drugged then so I kind of faded in an out of a lot of places.

3 Likes

I wanted to ask a question about prodromal schizophrenia and depression.

2 Likes
  1. Was just diagnosed. I had no idea and thought I was developing multiple personalities which was my knowledge of schizophrenia. We had a chat room way back then. It was an interesting time of the internet!
3 Likes

I search for news and this site comes up
I search for Cooper and find gold

2 Likes

Think I searched for schizophrenia + forum on google

3 Likes

google search engine

3 Likes

I honestly don’t even remember :laughing:

2 Likes

its all in a name.

Same here @anon20613941 . At the time 1998 I was still diagnosed with schizoaffective and wanted somewhere to connect with people with the same diagnosis. Before that I had been going on alt.support.schizophrenia but that tailed off a few years after finding this forum. It tailed off because it degenerated into a free for all of quite delusional people off meds,spammers and trolls. For those interested I posted as Tim Gatty there c 1997-2000/2001.

3 Likes

me too

dont remember

Probably searched ‘schizophrenia forum’ and this showed up

2 Likes

I was looking for information about thought broadcasting, found this site and lurked for a bit and then joined… Best decision ever

2 Likes

My therapist told me I should look into support group cause I was feeling very isolated in my condition.

First i found a Nami chat board which wasnt very helpful. Plus a member there thought i was some sort of ethereal being cause i identify as neither male or female. And it was causing me to get delusional.

Then I googled schizophrenia forum And I found this place. And though it was a rocky start I’ve made lots of friends here!!

1 Like

I had just had my third major psychotic break, after my head injury. I was panicking that I would one day become violent and hurt my loved ones (a common theme in my delusions) and I wanted someone to reassure me. So, at 2 in the morning, I hysterically searched for the words “schizophrenia help” and this was the first result. I posted my question, and was immediately presented with loads of statistics and personal anecdotes from people who had never hurt a fly. I felt so much better, and I decided to stick around.

5 Likes

I wanted to figure out if I was Jesus or not… This was 2012 during the summer

2 Likes

I don’t remember exactly how I found the forum.

I think I just typed in “schizophrenia and online support group” into Google, and this site popped up.

:v: - Monte

3 Likes

I Googled schizophrenia forum hoping to find more people who can relate to me and hopefully make some friends

4 Likes