How did you get here?

How did you all get schizophrenia? I was a weed smoker and someone I trusted put fentanyl in my weed… it sucks :frowning: can’t believe I might have to deal with this for the rest of my life.

5 Likes

I’m sorry it happened to you, but you don’t get schizophrenia from drugs unless you already have it latent, ie. you have a pre-existing vulnerability. It would likely have been triggered sooner or later regardless.

-Albert.

1 Like

At least one of my uncles struggled with psychosis.
I think it was also alcohol and drug and stress related.

Sucks…

I had a really bad trip on mushrooms. After that i was scared like hell, had flashbacks for several years. I think i was born with schizotypal disorder, but the mushrooms definitely didn’t help

2 Likes

You know the Willy Wonka bar with the golden ticket in it? I accidentally bought the antimatter version. Hello!

:flushed:

4 Likes

I broke my neck in a car accident, and was diagnosed as being psychotic. About seven years ago, I started to hear voices

2 Likes

it just happened to me… i don’t know the reason… maybe there isn’t a reason even…

1 Like

Like some sad stories, i bought pot and went insane. Never really recovered. Feels like hell or worse.

Im convinced the schizophrenia i have was caused by a virus. Not sure i had it since youth, but i had some weird dreams it was caused by the norovius – for me-- and vaxart should come out with the cure and become a 1000 a share company. Theyre taking their time, but i remember getting the shot and even getting pills for it. I even had aliens cure me and even give me true insanity. I went insane due to sim theory and dissociation, trauma. I have autism and it helps me from going interdimensional lol jk.

Imprinted brain theory. Ive been through it all. Many times over…

1 Like

those more likely to use or try drugs

are those who will eventually get major mental illness.

perhaps it starts out with any sort of addiction.

2 Likes

I have reason to believe my schizophrenia was caused.

I don’t think I had to get it. except the head games I went thru,
I was fine.

1 Like

My mom and dad did the naked bedsheet dance

2 Likes

I started being a little weird and withdrawn in seventh grade.
At least that’s what my dad told me in my twenties. My mom told me she thought something was wrong with me in high school but she didn’t know what it was. She also told me this in my twenties.

A few bad acid trips when I was 19 triggered my schizophrenia. I figure it would have happened soon anyways, the bad trips just hastened it.

1 Like

I was cooking food for my crush to bring to work, then all of the sudden I started hearing voices doing commentary like I was on TV broadcasting or some sort.

It gave me commands to feed the homeless people instead with it. Which I did…

Didn’t see Sz coming

1 Like

For me it is hereditary and brought on by hallucinogens I took 20 years ago.

1 Like

I mean, who really knows why any of us have it. But I do believe mine started because of abuse when I was a kid.

2 Likes

Pissed off a wizard. Been dealing with the curse since.

4 Likes

Weed and cocaine use triggered my continuous cycle of psychosis. But before that I had an episode due to the shock of relatives passing, no drugs were involved.

I pissed off a shaman.

1 Like

I think mine is genetic. I had no other causes. I read online that sz is 70-80% genetic. I have friends who are indentical twins and both got sz at about the same time. Their case is more severe than mine. They have lots of positive and negative symptoms. They never shower and talk to walls, to their hands, fight with each other constantly, yell in public, etc

1 Like

Before sz they were normal and they were studying civil engineering in university.

1 Like