How did you find this forum?

I got my first computer in 2001. On the 10th of May I was searching for different things to see what I could come up with. I put in schizophrenia, and found this site.
Don’t ask me how I remember the date I just do.
Like 11 May 1973 I went into the Navy.
13 May 1983 I started moving into this house.
I can recall lots of dates my parents birthdays day of death, and all of my siblings birthdays.
I have a lot more dates stuck in my head.

1 Like

I’m glad you decided to stay. I’ve had a lot of people help me on here, and if I am remembering correctly, you were one of them. I felt so alone before I found this forum. I was pretty young when I first developed schizophrenia, so I knew no one else with it. Even back then whenever I went to the mental hospital, there were no schizophrenics in the adolescent unit that I know of. I’m so glad I found this forum.

3 Likes

I was sent by KGB.

If that isn’t romantic enough…

3 Likes

the magic that is google… I’m sure my first post was a wall of text. but it felt good to get the thoughts off my chest to people who… maybe dont have the exact same symptoms but close enough…

I’ve never been banned… atleast not for bad behavior…not yet anyway… I asked for a month break and made it a week anda half… lol…

1 Like

I found this forum back in 2004. I was on the streets and going to colleg eat the time. They had a big library and computer center, and I bought a laptop later when I got a home that year.

I was one of the people trying to tell people that I had telepathy. Hehe. :+1: I was mad about not being allowed to talk about it, and people always trying to tell me to take a medication. Hehe.

About 2008 I was trying to talk about scz like in empirical terms, and I always wanted to explain it.

I have come and went here off and on with various accounts. I only have one account, but when you forget your account, you get a new one. :slight_smile:

I’m a thousand times better mentally now than when I first arrived on the forum like comparing the sun to the moon…

2 Likes

I had just stabilized and was living on my mother’s farm back in about 1999. I googled “schizophrenia” and the site came up…been here ever since…it’s helped me so much. I found a wife on this site…long since divorced but there’s that.

1 Like

I was looking for help related to my psychosis. Originally I was at wrong planet for my mental health stuff, but found I couldn’t relate or others couldn’t relate to me so well, or my symptoms. Here I find more common ground with people. Nothing against Wrong Planet, it’s a great site if you have autism or aspergers. But this site is way better for me since we figured out I wasn’t on the spectrum, at least not to a significant degree.

1 Like

I googled something. It showed up in the search. I don’t remember what I googled though.

It was a scientific philosophical pondering. I remember reading it, thinking for like half an hour, then realizing I had nothing intelligent to contribute.

1 Like

this was really my first post… my memory is bad though… what a fughin weird way to introduce myself to the board…lol

1 Like

I’m not sure in all honesty

1 Like

LOL, I think it doesn’t matter. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I dont remember… must’ve googled schizophrenia and found my way here…

1 Like

cant remember. must have finally started researching schizophrenia online. I ignored my diagnosis for a couple years and knew very little about schizophrenia, just that I was diagnosed sz.

it was winter when I found this place. I’m online all day in the winter as I work seasonally.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.