How did you come across this forum?

I know I’ve been coming here since 1998, back when I was a tech working at Red Deer College. I was at my first good full-time job and looking for other high-functioning SZs who could help me balance the stress of full-time work with the sedation and fatigue of being med-compliant.

I think this is the third version of forum software the site has been using while I’ve been a regular. The first was utterly awful. The second was sort of awful. This one isn’t bad, but I really wish it had a feature allowing for complete blocking of problem users.

Edit: I had a full-time job before RDC, but it was not a “good” job by any stretch. I’m looking forward to my former boss’ funeral. He should be old enough to kick off soon, the rat.

4 Likes

I was walking down the street,minding my own business, when man in a trench coat, wearing dark glasses, said " Psst wanna join a forum "

6 Likes

A voice told me : julian, this is The Way (sz dot com) just kidding :smile:

1 Like

I was an active member from the original site and followed the links to the new site.
I basically switched over.

1 Like

Well I wasn’t getting any support outside and this is my support group kinda thing I was in search of.

1 Like

I literally googled ‘schizophrenia forum’ to try and find likeminded people to talk to, and this popped up.

1 Like

I just was researching about Schizophrenia when I found this forum on Google, I was hesitant to join for some time until I began having problems that I felt people here understood and made me feel less weird or awkward about sharing my experiences.

I just typed in schizophrenia forum and figured there would been one since I was a member of other forums of things I enjoy

I honestly don’t remember.

i found it from googling symptoms to see if I could find any info on them and got some threads on here as a result

Like most people on this website, I used Google as well.