How did you come across this forum?

I was on another mental health website for years, but the forum for schizophrenia was only one forum out of over 200 forums, so there simply wasn’t enough activity in the schizophrenia forum. I joined this website in February of this year because this website is largely devoted to schizophrenia.

2 Likes

I was first on the old original site.
When my diagnosis changed from bipolar disorder to Schizoaffective I googled different sites and I stumbled upon the original SZ.com site.

I’m really glad I found this wonderful site.
I consider it a form of therapy. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Late one night, before I was diagnosed, I was suffering from terrible insomnia. There was a portal to hell under my bed, and I could hear the demons torturing everyone I cared about all night. It was awful. So I went to my computer, and typed “schizophrenia help me” into the computer. This was the first link that popped up, and the rest is history!

3 Likes

Google dot com. 1515

1 Like

Can you show us your design for the tattoo? I’d love to see it!

I found this forum when I was doing a search for schizophrenia relapses. My psychiatrist thought I was going through one at the time.

I joined earlier this year and I remember my first post was asking about relapses while still on medication and @77nick77 was the first person to respond, welcome me to the forum, and share his story and I’m forever grateful to him for that.

I was really nervous to join but my partner thought it would be a good idea.

4 Likes

I think someone mentioned it on No Longer Lonely dating site

1 Like

I used to read another site for news, and a few days ago i searched for another news site about schizophrenia, and i found schizophrenia.com. Also i saw that this site it has a forum and i forgot about the new news for Sz, i read a few topics, after that i have joined.

2 Likes

Hehe, I remember how anxious I was about starting my new meds so I wanted to ask people with similar situations about it. At the beginning, I thought schizoaffective was some type of mood disorder so I went in on the bipolar forums. I went ahead and created an account for schizophrenia forums too. All in all, I found myself best suited for this forum. I love and appreciate all the people on here :blush:

2 Likes

I’ve liked forums for a long time. But usually it was just stupid forums where people would post whatever and nutty jokes. So whenever I wanted to learn more about my condition naturally I’d turn to forums. And I found it was the best way to learn about my illness. I was a lurker on this site for a while, liked how much activity it had.

3 Likes

I came back after being on the old forum.

I think I was researching something and became reacquainted with the site!

2 Likes

i just typed in to the search box schizophrenia.com must have been about 2003/2004

1 Like

i honestly cant remember, but i do remember how i was afraid to post on here. i came here early 2015 when i was still pretty out of touch with reality.

this site has been a blessing for me

5 Likes

Huginn and Muninn Sent me a text with the forum said it may help…

3 Likes

I googled ‘crazy erotic stories’ …

5 Likes

Page 1,000?

1 Like

From my psychiatrist

2 Likes

I searched schizophrenia forum

1 Like

Thats cool that your pdoc knew about this site and directed you to it.

2 Likes

This is the most informative, and user friendly site I’ve seen just surfing around the internet looking for MH support groups.
The bipolar sites are terrible.

4 Likes

i have been to this in 2005 even then it was really helpful. answering all the questions. made me feel like i am not alone.recently after an episode this site is what i felt close to share some of mental issues. now its very improved but still the same care and lot of good info being provided. very much appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like