How completely do you believe your Truman Show delusions?

Like how often do you 100% believe them, 75, 50, 0, etc.?
I get the feeling that everyone else has these beliefs strongly, but I 100% believe them like 90% of the time…

I only had the truman show thing for like a week of my life. However they’ve evolved into other delusions that are compatibly alike. Similar delusions of paranoia, they’re watching me, grandiosity, etc… however the feeling I was an experiment or on a tv show didn’t last that long if that’s what you’re asking.

Fortunately lately I am delusion free for the very most part though.

1 Like

Mine wasn’t exactly like the Truman Show. I believed that everything electronic in my home was bugged or wired to record everything i did and said. I also believed non-electrical things had cameras and bugs in them. I thought that everyone i knew was in on the recording. That people did this to screw with me, force me to live like i was in some sort of experiment, etc. When i was paranoid, i 100% believed it. Happily, since my medication change, i have been significantly less stressed and paranoid.

2 Likes

I used to believe it 100%. Now only 30%

1 Like

Interesting. My delusions are similar to the Truman Show. I don’t think I’m being secretly on TV or that it’s all an act with the neighbors and such…but I believe I’m in a matrix and thus everything and everyone is being monitored and recorded by a super advanced AI/Alien race. When I was at my worst, I thought there were cameras in the shower and that there were cameras in my eyes recording everything I watched. It didn’t help that I was told, telepathically, that I have a microchip…

It doesn’t help that I have memories of parallel worlds and parallel lives very similar to this one.

At my worst, I thought there were cameras in the mental hospital. One time, I thought I was literally on TV being watched in another dimension! I really believed it at the time.

I believe some of this because I think it’s true. I’ve been out of the simulation/matrix before. At least in a past life…I’ve been to parallel universes much like this one. Maybe this is a parallel universe…

I sometimes believe (I don’t care anymore) and heard that ‘they’ can watch you from the TV even when it is off. I had an experience like this in a past life.

I guess unmedicated, I would have the Truman show delusion. Because I did think it was all an act a few times.

2 Likes

Truman show delusion has both persecutory and grandiose traits.

2 Likes

I’m not really grandiose. I think these things really happened to me. But to the average doctor/person, I admit, it does sound grandiose and paranoid. I mean I believe I was out of the matrix and running the simulation at one time, which sounds like a grandiose delusion. I mean, I know I wasn’t a ‘God’. I believe it to be true.

They can increase IQ so there’s that. I remember it being very hard to run the simulation. The language was alien/reptilian which was translated to English for me. I could be wrong though…

If you go on youtube and search ‘philip k dick simulation’ you will find him talking about this in 1977. I had a very similar/exact experience as him. I also believe I wrote a letter similar/exact to what he wrote and that when I was a computer simulator, I remember changing the variables he mentioned. I believe I may have lived in the other universe he talked about and ended up being trapped in the branched universe/this universe as a paranoid schizophrenic. It’s been running for a long time or it keeps coming back.

In a past life, I remember telling some ETs that there were trillions of simulations and they said there were only two left.

I think building simulations is wrong and evil. I have horrible memories…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.