How can I get up in the morning?

Looking for suggestions in how to get up in the morning to bring my kids to school without being half dead. All summer I’ve been staying up and sleeping in. I don’t like driving when I’m so out of it. I have to be up by 7:30 am. So tiring. And later in the morning I have a pdoc appointment so I can’t even just come back and crawl into bed.

Anyway, how do you get up in the morning?

1 Like

I get up 7 to 7:30 and read while I drink coffee for an hour. I go to bed at midnight. Try giving yourself a few minutes to just wake up with a coffee or tea maybe? I guess go to bed earlier. I get sleepy from side effects 6 hours after I take my am pills, so anytime that’s not happening I’m feeling pretty awake.

1 Like

If you take your medication in the evening, try taking it an hour earlier. You may go to sleep earlier and wake up earlier :slight_smile: .

1 Like

I have a lot of difficulty getting up in the morning. I rely on my partner to get me going. He sets the alarm, rouses me, gets breakfast going, comes back and rouses me again, serves breakfast and then rouses me again. I fall back to sleep so quickly, so i feel your pain. Unfortunately i start work at 0700, and i’m usually so drowsy at that time.

1 Like

I’ve learned myself to go to bed early. I’m in bed by 7pm. I get up uber early though so maybe do 8 or 9pm. Set an alarm and get up. Coffee is a friend. I often have a nap after the morning…30 minutes tops but so refreshing…

It’s all about routine. Take meds same time. Sleep same time. Get up same time. It really does make a difference!

3 Likes

I don’t get up usually until 1 or 2 in the afternoon. I go to bed around 5 am. I work at 3 pm until 11 pm twice a week too. I have lots of trouble even getting up at 2 pm. Work motivates me some, but when I don’t work I sometimes lie in bed until 5 or 6 pm. I want to sleep when it’s dark like everyone else, but I just can’t.

2 Likes

I set an alarm and leave it far enough away from the bed that I have to get up to turn it off, but not far enough away that I can’t hear it.

I also set if for 20 minutes before I really have to get up, because I know I like some time in the morning to just sit and stare until I wake up properly.

1 Like

This morning was tough but I survived. I’m going to start taking my nighttime meds at around 8 to see if that helps me get up earlier. I used to be a morning person. Up at 6. Make coffee and watch something for an hour. Help the kids get their lunches ready. I wish I still was a morning person. Oh well. Maybe things will turn around.

They say you should sleep from 10pm-6am. By staying up late, you’re probably making it impossible

1 Like

I took my pills at 8 and I’m hoping by 10 I’ll be ready to sleep. As long as I’m out of bed by 7:30 tomorrow morning all will be good.

After a year of experimentation, I have a system to get me up. The meds made it hard for me to get up. What I have is my phone in a bag. I set the alarm on my phone and put it in the bag. I Lock it and put the key outside my room. To turn off my alarm, I have to get up and get the key, forcing me to wake up.

1 Like

Ha ha ha I go to bed around 7 pm too.
This is so early but it works well for me and my medication makes me tired and I take it with dinner around 6pm.

I wake up 6am.

I wake up a few times to wee and sometimes can’t get back to sleep :zzz: but otherwise I’m very happy with my sleep ritual.

2 Likes

It really helps having something you enjoy doing in the morning…

1 Like

“Hey Google, set alarm for 4:30 AM.”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.