Schizophrenia.com

Here's the catch to the new job

It is a zero hour contract.

I want to live out on full time.

Zero hour contract in a difficult job?

What’s a zero hour contract? No guaranteed hours?

1 Like

Yeas the hours are not guaranteed although she said that she will try to give full time hours as long as they need it and I work well.

It puts a lot of pressure on me to work to an excellent standard.

If it was full time contract instead of zero hour contract, I would not feel such pressure.

I was also on a zero hour contract. but be careful if you’re on benefits in case you don’t get the hours some days and weeks…

1 Like

Yea that’s the thing I won’t be on benefits. So I am relying to pay for essentials via work.

Yes that;s what I mean. Because zero hours can mean they call you one week but not the next…

1 Like

It sounds terrible but I love the job, location, and people there! Aghh why oh why

1 Like

You can always ask how many hours a week you are likely to get… I think its totally your choice if you are going to be ok financially if they can’t pay you certain days then go for it. I would take it but I live at home.

1 Like

I’m thinking of giving the training a go. Because if I’m a natural at the job then I think I’m more likely to be OK… It would still be a risk but at least less risky.

Only way to find out if I’m good at it is by going for the training

1 Like

Hmm?.

Find Another Job. One With More Inspiration.

Happy Place?.., With The Bird’s!.

Climb Trees Ferociously (!!!).

AND SING (!!!).

Hope, Love, Joy, And Peace!.

P.s. Sounds Rough. Keep Yourself Safe. And Good Luck!.

1 Like

Sorry I forgot to add, congratulations on the job. If it is something you really want to do you should go for it. If its not for you , you can always restart the benefits

1 Like

Lol yea it does sound kind of rough, and thanks.

I am thinking of giving the training a go.

Just to see how it is like.

If I’m good at the job I’m willing to risk losing it and then temporarily doing cleaning. Until I find a retail job again.

But that’s just my current thought on it, may change my mind…@sleepoptimistic

1 Like

Whatever you decide goodluck ! :slight_smile: Keep us posted on how you get on… so exciting!

1 Like

Thankyou, Ish. Yea it is definitely sort of exciting to try working again.

1 Like

Hmm?.

Now You Are Speaking Lushtaflurriah Language (!!!).

Sing, And Bring, Da Beautifully Amazing, Harmony (!!!).

In Tha Trees. . . . . . .

Hope, Love, Joy, And Peace!.

1 Like

Yea if I really need to I can go on universal credit.

That’s true aswell…

I think with universal credit you can stay on it until you make more money than the universal credit…so go try it… but you have to inform universal credit of zero hours…

1 Like

Tbh my main concern is the pressure of expectation and good customer service due to it being a zero hour contract. Idk it may turn me into a weirdo in the shop and eventually maybe even relapse.

So i just need to see how I feel with that pressure during training if I can adapt well to it within the first week or two.

1 Like

Thats a good idea you can give it a try and if its not for you, its not for you. I loved zero hours, its not just them, YOU also decide if you want to take those hours that week,…

2 Likes

I suppose I can see why you like it. That can be very useful. Especially like you said because you are living at home atm. I’m glad you got the opportunity to work the type of contract you want.

Are you looking for jobs atm if you don’t mind me asking