Job opportunity risking benifits

its a hard one really, great job early intervention psychosis worker from home, 14 hrs but the pay is over permitted work rules and i am still on the old system so i thought i could do a deal with dwp about it lol idk, idk if i can risk losing my benefit money like that.

job sounds really cool though

1 Like

Ohh that sounds super exciting… Will you be ok with the kind of work? Guess you will need to weigh the cons and pros of the job before commiting to see if it for you

2 Likes

Sounds like a lovely job but it’s not a lot of hours to live off…

2 Likes

I am really, really considering it, the 10hrs job i narrowly missed out on a few months ago sounded do-able this one is 4 more hours but its from home and i’m pretty handy with my laptop,

Benefits wise it’s a huge risk, huge and the dwp might not like me trying to do a deal with them like that, i could lose a lot more than its worth :frowning:

The new rules with universal credit might be a little better but i may lose out if i was transferred to that as well :frowning: man its always the finances that trip me up :frowning: I’m going to apply any way bc i may be able to do a deal or something,

1 Like

Yeh… With universal credit apparently you would be ok… You’d still get benefits albeit a bit reduced…

Unlike with Esa

1 Like

I just did a calculation based on Universal Credit Rules, and I would only be able to earn £5,368 a year from £8,543 which works out at £7.37 an hour and that’s not including how much my current claim would be affected by switching :frowning: its better than what i thought tbh but may be worse than what i think as well, i think i need some help with this tbh :frowning:

tbh that would be on top of my benefit money and in hindsight its about the same pay i got when i was full time in the year 2000 (about 100 pw for 40hrs ) i’d be getting a bit more and only 14hrs

1 Like

Try out your local job centre they can give sound advice on the calculations… If you have that up in the North in London we have local job centres that help out with this

1 Like

idk if i can trust those guys tbh, i might have to try it though,

I’m hoping my Clubhouse can help me with this form, i need to do it soon :frowning:

1 Like

Good luck with the whole process… I think this job would suit you…!!

1 Like

Things are a bit mixed up right now and i’m trying to claw back a good routine for myself, so far i am trying to vollunteer 3 half days a week 1-4.30pm, attend my clubhouse two half days a week, and take part in outdoor activities when i can, if i get this job i’ll need to re-evaluate my whole schedule lol, its tricky but it might be ok,

its really hard to keep track of things atm but i’m not complaining, i’m just glad i have something to do to now keep my brain occupied

1 Like

Man, i looked up a few things and i don’t think it is possible to work this job even though it is under permitted work hours, the earnings limit is over what is allowed by just over £20 a week :frowning: major bummer man,

i would still like to look deeper into my options but as it stands I am not able to switch to Universal Credit bc i get a certain premium :frowning:

1 Like

Ah that really sux… I’m sure something else will come along later… Don’t give up

1 Like

If you don’t mind me asking. I’ve noticed you keep yourself quite busy during the week.

Can I ask, do you have a regular wake and sleep time or pattern during the week?

(Anybody else reading can answer this too)

I’d like to know because I have a bad case of insomnia. Even though I work 2/3 days of the week and am a student 3/4 days of the week. I don’t have a sleep cycle.

1 Like

sleep can be a real issue, i haven’t been sleeping well lately now you mention it, last night i didnt sleep well and i just try and catch up with it the next night but sometimes i am really exhausted and tired bc of lack of sleep. its a real bummer so i can empathise.

I have found that as you earn they just adjust UC

Surely it’s better to have something to do even if the financial incentives are not apparent at the start?

There is a lot to be said for having a purpose transcending finance

1 Like

I’m not getting Universal Credit just now and it says i wont get it bc i get a certain premium anyway,

I know what you mean but i just don’t want to lose out

Im still on ESA and PIP , and prefer it to stay that way. Theyve left me alone cos i would be worse off without the Severe Disabilty Premium i get added to the ESA.

Cant imagine being monthly paid on UC. My budgeting has always been based on the 2 weekly payments.

Kudos to you for looking for work tho. Something i could never do.

1 Like

They will literally take all or most of your monetary benefits for a 10 hr/week job?

Holy crap I thought the UK would be way nicer than that.

I mean here that would just possibly cut a little into your monetary benefits.

In most cases maybe not that.

2 Likes

Sorry about that. You said 14 hrs/week. Here that would barely cut into benefits.

1 Like

I have been trying to fill in the form :frowning: it is really hard and i am feeling not that great, i did about half of it (maybe) i need to finish it bc i was hoping we could work something out about pay if they really wanted me that is.

It was too late to get help with it from my clubhouse today and it ends on Monday so i am on my own with this basically, my sister was trying to help but she was just moral support.

Tbh after reading what may be involved with it it sounds like it would be like i would have more responsibility than the project workers at my clubhouse (i would love that)

1 Like