Here we go again

Some guy outside my window is spreading lies saying I sleep with everyone in town. Whore I go to grocery store visit mom go to appts. My heart is believing this crap and wants me to kill myself over it. No matter how many times I’m told to ignore it it doesn’t work. Going to hear more yelling. I hope he burns in hell.

Just try to relax, I know how infuriating hallucinations can be.

3 Likes

i dunno if this could help but try defining your values so you know what’s real and what’s not real in times like these. perhaps keeping a card saying “i didn’t do this” could help? some dbt skills, not necessarily to stop the hallucinations but to work with them.

1 Like

No. I thought I was a nobody. I think I am a nobody. Why would anyone waste their time on trying to bring me down? Are they that stupid?

1 Like

You are valuable to us. Take heart in that. Let the fear of viewing yourself negatively not have power over you! We wouldn’t respond if you weren’t special and valued :hugs:

3 Likes

The moment of perceived insight into my mental illness was the moment the pendulum froze, time stood still, and I pivoted between living a perceived fantasy or was forced to look at a scary and daunting reality. It was a moment of personal deception. It was a moment of fear, pain, relief, and terror wrapped in a state of shock. My brain was giving me faulty information. Who could I trust? The only thing I did know was I deserved a good life and the freedom to be happy.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.