Help I think I’m entering mania

You heard it here. First guess. Maybe it’s true. Idk

2 Likes

How manic do you feel?

It’s good that you’re aware of the mania

1 Like

There’s a shade of good I don’t feel normally.

2 Likes

Are you on a mood stabilizer @Moonwalker?

1 Like

Recently switched from lithium to depakote

2 Likes

This honestly wouldn’t surprise me. You have been acting out of character the past week or so.

2 Likes

geez, well if it’s real then clean the house from top to bottom.

2 Likes

I know, I get weird and my brain thinks a lot

3 Likes

Use that sudden burst of energy to do something productive. Don’t live in your head. Put those muscles to work.

5 Likes

At least you have insight into this.

2 Likes

Hopefully I can stop it before it gets out of control

2 Likes

Do some housework, go for a walk, burn off that energy!

Then settle back with a nice cuppa.

:tea: :blush:

5 Likes

When I was manic and paranoid, I started thinking the government was watching everything I was doing. I started going on long multi hour walks trying to “escape the system.” Eventually my parents had me committed after one especially long walk.

I figure as long as you don’t have any deep delusions like that you’ll be OK.

2 Likes

Depakote is specifically for mania

1 Like

I got zero sleep last night. It is now 3 am in the morning. I think I may be hypomanic right now and that is why I got no sleep. I don’t know what to do with myself. I will take my a.m. meds at 4 am. Those should knock me out. I did get a little bit of housework done so, that is a bit of good out of it. I’m going to try and pr-y right now. I might use this wakefulness and take a bath this morning too. Why not?

Do you do things like buying a bunch of stuff you can’t afford, get in fights, or chase after inappropriate females? If you’re prone to self destructive behavior when you are manic maybe you should check in with a mental health professional.

Mostly I get grandiose and think I have a solution to everything. I don’t chase girls, I have spent money but I’m not doing that now. Fighting with my wife can increase.

I do all of these things. Mania is real dangerous for me. That’s why I hate it so bad.

1 Like

Grandiose, how?
I usually believe that I am the greatest Buddha of this era

1 Like

Mostly has to do with meglomania, in relation to how I’ve been right about everything and my life is right where I want it to be. Like I navigated this world and exceeded my wildest expectations. I’d think about how thing I did were smart or got lucky. Kind of like the ability to manefest your own reality.

1 Like