Have your voices given you any good ideas?

Hey. So I’m skitzophrenic and me and my voices have been discussing what we want to do with my life. I’m pretty young and have an entire life ahead of me. They do come up with crazy conspiracies and quite a bit of generic crazy talk but most of the time we talk about activities available to us and what we can do (accomplishments, goals etc). I figured the people on this forum and I could brainstorm some amazing ideas with our voices.

So I’ll start:

1Collect Beach Shirts
2The obvious collect a million dollars
3Set the goal of meeting certain amount of people and becoming friends with them (ex: 5 friends, 15 friends, 25 friends etc etc)

there is quite a few more ideas we have but I’d like to here what your voices ideas are… this could be a lot of fun.

Mine are so subtly whacked that they sound so “reasonable” and “normal” to me now. I have to use what I learned from these psychotherapies (most of which I did with workbooks you can get for under $20.00 on amazon.com; ask me if interested) and then use the very last one to observe The Voices’ screwy ideas from a nice safe distance.

(Sometimes, even just reading about these therapies can be pretty illuminating.)

REBT – Rational emotive behavior therapy - Wikipedia
Schematherapy – Schema therapy - Wikipedia
Learned Optimism – Learned optimism - Wikipedia
Standard CBT – Psychotherapy | NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness & scroll down
MBBT – An Introduction to Mind-Body Bridging & the I-System – New Harbinger Publications, Inc
DBT – What is Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)? – Behavioral Tech
MBCT - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22340145
ACT – ACT | Association for Contextual Behavioral Science
10 StEP – Pair A Docks: The 10 StEPs of Emotion Processing

Every time I hear mine I think it’s a good idea to take my meds.

Pixel.

4 Likes

That’s what’s been happening to me lately…

In the past… my head circus was way out there. But these days… it’s just a small idea here and a little hint there… and when I really think about it… they are not good ideas at all.

It creeps in… little by little.

Voices can be strange sometimes, about 16 years ago the following happened, I had just received a divorce complaint and next day I was already in Miami for a long trip, but then suddenly in Miami I received voices on the voice of Bill Clinton that I should read the divorce complaint more carefully as I did then, which made me to return to Atlanta to answer to this complaint. This was very strange.