Have you turned on the heat yet? what's it set on?

turned mine on Saturday. set it to 69, but it got warm in here today. my thermostat said 75. so I lowered it to 67. checking the weather now, the lowest temperature on the 10 day forecast is 52 degrees for the high. usually with lows in the 40’s when the sun goes down. I probably could have lived without it on for a little longer. but o well.

4 Likes

I have the heat on for a couple of weeks already, i keep it around 70 i hate cold

1 Like

is your thermostat read out in Fahrenheit or celcius? i know you don’t have it set on 70 Celsius though. what do Canadians use? haha, I should know that but don’t.

1. Bow chicka wow wow.
4 Likes

mines in C, the one i read on my wall is F

1 Like

I notice the crickets outside are still making noise at night. not too cold for them yet. will only have to put up with them for a couple more weeks probably then it will be peaceful. with no noise, and I always feel like the air is cleaner when the temps start to drop. not sure if that’s true or not.

Haven’t turned on the heat yet. It’s been 50s at night, but I think it’s going to dip into the 40s this week. I probably still won’t use the heat, as I like things a little cooler. I wonder if that’s less common for women, as most of the ladies I work with have started talking about how cold they are and expressing disbelief over my lack of a sweater when walking across campus.

Edit: temps in Fahrenheit

2 Likes

Turned ours on 2 days ago, it was 28F this morning when hubby took kids to school. It is set for 70F, but this is an 1880 house, so very uneven tempwise. I have 6 blankets cause hubby insists on having the damn fan and portable ac on cause our room is a hot one. I’m a cold person, I sleep fully pajamas he’s a nudie. I tell him he’s weird, but I knew all this when we got together 20 years ago, oh well.

1 Like

22°c which is 71°f

1 Like

No. But I’ve the cold on already. It’s set to 22 cold and it’s very nice in my tiny room. It’s total overkill but works for me!

1 Like

We’re using space heaters for some reason. I have one next to me throughout the night.

1 Like

We had to turn ours on Friday it got down to 28 but now it’s warm again so it is off

1 Like

I absolutely despise the cold. I turned the heat on a few days ago. I got it set on 76. In the wintertime, I keep the heat on 76. In the summer, I keep the a/c on 74.

2 Likes

I hate being cold. My sister loves it. It’s going to be a long, cold winter. I’m going to be wearing my heavy winter coat inside the house, I just know it. I don’t touch the thermostat, I let her dictate what it’s set to out of respect that she’s the one paying the bill. So far she has put the heat on twice for about an hour each just to take the chill off in the evening but turns it off when it’s time for bed. She prefers sleeping in a cold house with lots of blankets. I’m going to need to buy some more blankets for my bed because I only have one.

1 Like

I have it on but set it to 62. My meds make me overheat really easily so I love the cold

1 Like

I have it set to 55 so not really lol.

Soon though I imagine

1 Like

It’s on :hugs: my studio tends to heat up pretty quick too :slight_smile:

1 Like

23 C in here on the thermostat. Tho the heating hasnt clicked on today. Literally turned it on a couple of days ago.

its a pet hate of mine to climb outta bed in the morning freezing your nuts off when you gotta pee lol.

I get alot of cold wind cos im bang on the seafront and two floors up, so i think i feel it more than those inland.

1 Like

I have a radiator with settings between 0 and 5. The guy who fixed it screwed the handle on wrong, so now 2 is 0 and the whole system is screwed.
All I know is when I turn it right, it gets hotter.

2 Likes

We have a stove in the kitchen which we turn on in the afternoon, or on cold mornings. It also heats the water so we have warm water. We also have a stove in our living room which heats the radiators in the house so our house is always cozy (when there’s a fire on) we light fires all year round especially for my sister (she has Down syndrome syndrome and other health complications)

2 Likes