Have you made peace with your illness?

Hey guys, as above, thoughts?

2 Likes

I don’t know. I had no symptoms for two months, I was peaceful. Now gradually all come back. I’m never at peace with it. I can’t get used to it

2 Likes

I hear ya om!. in my case i have had schizophrenia since 1995, so thats 25 years,

1 Like

Wow, I have it only for almost 4 years. Maybe in the future I will get used to it. Are you at peace with it finally?

Yes i am om, i have been on clozaril for the last ten years, its the only medication that works for me!

2 Likes

I take clozapine as well

1 Like

I have a lot of bitterness about my situation that I’m working to resolve. Psychosis completely upended my life and sent me into a world of needing accommodations and intensive treatment that I never would have dreamed of requiring prior to falling ill. Was a massive blow to my pride, admittedly. I’m slowly reaching a point of acceptance about it all though.

4 Likes

I’m used to it. I’ve been ill as long as I can remember. It got worse and I can’t work anymore, which sucks, but it’s not so bad. I’d rather be stable than useful.

4 Likes

I’m like an old beat up Porsche…a little rough around the edges, but still have great lines and that classic feel! :wink:

4 Likes

The illness is a set back for sure, but we have to carry on and do the best we can.

It’s a challenge sometimes, but somehow we get through it.

2 Likes

It’s more like a cold war.

1 Like

I think so.

Just trying to carry on the best way I know how.

Good luck to all and best wishes :sunflower:

3 Likes

No. I still get mad that I fell ill. I had such a fun life before. Now all I do is sit in bed and try to somehow keep a positive attitude. I guess I’ve gotten more used to it then the beginning of the year.

It’s such a frustrating thing. Makes everything hard. I just told my sister I can’t babysit her kids anymore cause My anxiety starts building like 5 days in advance. I wish I could just feel good and normal and take care of them for her.

2 Likes

I’ve made peace with the fact that this is the life I’ve been given. It doesn’t really make things easier but i don’t have the “why me?” thing going on. It is what it is.

1 Like

No, but I hope to. I have made peace I’m sick, but I haven’t made peace with why, or what that makes me.

It may be delusional, but I think I’m owed some answers. Need to let that go.

Yes. I haven’t had symptoms in almost going on a year. Spent a year in the state hospital because my mother lied to the doctor. For a while there I thought I had joined the army in the past. I really do have a past life like that but it wasn’t the army. Just going on memories in my mind. I’m at peace with it. I’m on medication and doing well. Quit smoking but haven’t left the house in months other than to go for a drive or to the beach. I think I’m doing okay. If it comes back I think I can beat it. The hospital was uncomfortable and really boring I sat in bed and read. I also worked a job in the greenhouse though. That was nice.

I feel more or less at peace with my illness these days. Took me a long time though and I still feel like a burden to my parents sometimes. But I accepted that the illness will always be there and that I can’t change it. I can help it with meds and support from my parents, pdoc, gp doc and mobile team girl.

2 Likes

I’m at peace with it. I cant change it it’s simply a part of me

2 Likes

I’ve made peace with my need for antipsychotics, but not with my sz diagnosis

2 Likes

I’ve made peace with the fact I’ll never be anything all that great, have a wife and kids, or work for more than minimum wage. I’ve also accepted that the voices will continue for the rest of my life. Yeah I’ve accepted it.

1 Like