Have you ever encountered another sz person outside a hospital setting?

I would see a few ladies who lived by my apt. before I had any problems. They looked homeless and would get agitated when people would come near them.

I think a guy comes into my work with sz, he’s like jabba the hut and smells bad. I think he’s on some serious tranquilizers.

One guy at the gym who I thought was telepathic with me, was talking out loud saying “what you think your Oprah?” I thought he was saying it to me, since he was hearing my thoughts. So I said shut the ■■■■ up. He then almost got in a fight with me and said he was schizophrenic. I was delusional at the time so maybe I imagined the whole thing.

Maybe you should let them watch some zombie movies and talk to them like " You see that zombie :cold_sweat: ? Alright , now it’s just a movie and you need to take a shower and be more active :blush: "

He lives with his mom! She should have him bathe. He smells like sweat, molded between his rolls.

I live with one fellow schizophrenic person. We met at our old apartment complex. He has trouble getting motivated, and it’s starting to get me not wanting to do things anymore either. And he told me he heard a voice, of the nature, don’t know, but he was and still is lethargic and maybe a bit avoidant at times. We go on lots of walks together, on trails at N. Ridge and the break wall, and it’s there when we venture out, that we have the most original of conversations. We get into future happenings, and some kinds of playful conversations too. Like how tall the tree is, what it’s like in the three forks. And more and such banter to know, that we wish we could be like this all the time, but unfortunately we’re just not, and can only muster up a few monosyllable words, and vacant stares. No, it’s not good, but how can you pull yourself out of it?

I feel lucky for him because at least his mother still love him and let him stay with her . I think it’s so hard for a person with schizophrenia to live without mental care or medication and homeless .

I was homeless when I wasn’t medicated. Now I live with my mom. The meds make me not want to shower, but I make myself.

I dont think so ! I think a meds should make you feel alot better .

In my knowledge the only drug that prevent you to take a shower was heroin because it effect make you feel like you’re scare of water .

Recently I have met 2-3 schizophrenic.They don’t seem to have any problem at all to me and are considerable smart also.I think I can be their good friends because we had similiar topics

Nope. Sz meds make me lazier then I really am. It’s just how it goes, speedy meds would probably make me hallucinate. So I’m stuck in this limbo world.

Ok if you feel right in your world without pain and suffer then its nothing left to worry about it ! Just dont forget to keep yourself clean and stay safe , because i think you already know that if yourself is not clean and not smell good then it will affect and annoying the others . Hope you enjoy your world :sunny: .

I just make sure to spray myself with lots of perfumes.

1 Like

I hooked up with a support group for a bit… met others…

Not much to report.