Have you ever come close to killing someone?

Jesus, Mary and Joseph.

3 Likes

i was with a friend once and we were walking when it was dark and we were being followed by 2 drunk guys… i put one of them on the ground and took a rock and was close to smashing his head in but then held back and they ran off into another street.

4 Likes

It was dark and they were being menacing.

yea i felt chased and i thought they were gonna try to rape us… i dunno if the thoughts were real but i felt really scared…

2 Likes

There’s been a few times where I’ve seen red mist and wanted to kill someone and been violent. I’ve never actually come close to ending someone’s life or even sending someone to A+E or anything, but when I put up with someone’s ■■■■ for long enough and they are being purposefully rude to me in return, something sometimes just snaps and I lose control of everything.

I’ve definitely wished death upon people a fair amount too. Like I don’t think I’d be sad if certain relatives who were nasty to me stopped living.

1 Like

TW

When I broke my neck, there were two insurance companies involved. Car insurance, which covered the expenses from the injuries, and work insurance which paid my income while I was disabled.

The case manager that I had at the time, was playing both sides getting them to simultaneously screw me over until I had a nervous breakdown. Shortly afterwards, I had a meeting with him. I told him that I had attempted suicide, and he blew it off as if it were nothing. I had a 9-iron under the couch, and everything in me wanted to take the top of his head off. But I stopped myself, thinking he might have kids

Though I know I made the reasonable decision, there is still part of me that wishes I would have done it. It would have been justice served. The guy was a piece of â– â– â– â– 

2 Likes

I’ve been really angry before for various valid reasons but never once thought of killing someone.
I never was homicidal.

It never crossed my mind, god forbid

1 Like

TW

When I was 12, my father and step-mother disrespected my mother’s one year anniversary of her death. I blew up. After destroying property, I ran upstairs to their bedroom where they were hiding from me. I had a baseball bat and had been breaking random stuff. I tried to shove past my father because he had two rifles in his closet that I was trained on. If I had gotten to those rifles, I know in my heart of hearts I would have ended them both. I was THAT angry.

The other time was when I was 13, a year later, and I was in the custody of my uncle. It was arranged so that I would be able to travel home and visit with my father. My uncle denied me this. So I did what I did best, I blew up. I was in the kitchen arguing with him, and I went for a knife in the knife block on the counter. My fingers grazed it as my uncle was in the process of tackling me.

That’s really all I want to say on this topic.

1 Like

Yes.

I won’t tell my whole story,

But my friend and I had to fight for our lives,

A man went to prison over it.

2 Likes

No never came close to killing. Although I have drove a car and operated heavy machinery so technically at any moment while doing so you come close to killing or severely injuring others

I had homicidal ideation, but I didn’t come closer to killing someone. I was very angry at life in general at that time and felt weak.

1 Like

no but I was almost shot by someone else…a room mate…he thought he’d screw with my head and aimed his pistol at me and pulled back the hammer…I said “go ahead and shoot me !” and he put the gun down…I moved out of the camper immediately…we were in a trailer park and he was a coworker…one of the many jobs putting myself through college…

1 Like

I don’t think I have ever come close to killing someone. Any time I get really angry I keep enough distance between them and me that the question of killing doesn’t arise. I have done some crazy things out of anger, though. Looking back, they’re too embarrassing to talk about.

2 Likes

I came close to killing a co-worker with a Swiss army knife in my hand. He really pissed me off because he was nosy and telling another co-worker a message I had written about her. The male co-worker was positioned higher than me which the company calls a “trainer”. This “co-worker trainer” should know better than to participate in gossip and rumours. I really wanted to kill the guy for opening his mouth.

1 Like

Sorry guys, but this is triggering for some members.

3 Likes