Have you cut off communication with any of your family? What was your reason?

Normally I’m the one who gets cut out. My sister has barely spoken to me since august.

I did cut out my mom and stepdad for a while.
And I don’t really talk to my maternal grandma. I never knew her until I was 16, and I don’t really have a bond with her. Besides, knowing how she treated my mom, I don’t really want to be around her.

1 Like

Quit my huge extended family because they don’t respect me for being Gay and Married. Why does my happiness matter offend them. I don’t know. I do but won’t bring it up in the forums.

1 Like

I cut off communication with a cousin when I was younger. He treated me horribly so I finally got the guts to say no and stay away from him.

Was in the nut hut when my paternal grandma died. I cut her out long before that and the staff seemed confused as to why I didn’t care. She never cared for my sister and I bc she blamed my dad for his brother getting hit by a car.

Haven’t totally cut off communication with my sister but she’s a sociopathic ■■■■■ at best. I tried to make any amends but my kindness went unanswered. She’s next on my ■■■■ list.

But tbf many others have cut me out too. For some things I did out of innocence and some things when I started fighting back against people’s malarkey.

-S

4 Likes

What do you think?
Should you cut contact with People Who make you feel bad, family or not? Or is it a schizophrenia thing?

1 Like

It’s not just a schizophrenia thing,

Though I see how it can be in some situations.

It’s up to you whether or not you want to cut toxic people/family out of your life.

3 Likes

It might be me but I often feel bad around them.
I think ill do it.

1 Like

Hey @anon10648258 that’s awesome that you have an advocacy site. That takes guts

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.