Have you been abused in/during childhood?

DISCLAIMER: Unpopular Opinion.

I know I have been abused during childhood, both physically and mentally, by that specimen called “my father” and I have also been severely bullied in school. After confirming that PTSD can cause psychosis, I concluded that it is the main cause of Schizophrenia. (Go to youtube and search for Ron Unger).

I would like to know if any of you have ever been abused as children. Thanks.

1 Like

I think they know that a stressful incident can induce psychosis to those who a predisposed to it, but it’s not the cause so much as the trigger.

So if someone’s predisposed to psychosis, then I wouldnt find it too hard to believe that PTSD could trigger a psychotic break.

3 Likes

I was sodomized and beat by a playmate that was too damn old to be hanging around me. My dad was an alcoholic so that wasn’t easy. By I’ve been in therapy for two plus years now and I am getting closer to recovery. :grinning:

2 Likes

Yes, not more than couple of times but yes.

1 Like

I was beat on a regular basis, and sodomized once, and sexually molested, sexually harassed and mentally tortured on a regular basis, by my father, my whole childhood and adolescence. But those were all just triggers. I inherited the sza gene from my father too.

And, as if that wasn’t bad enough, my husband regularly beat and raped me throughout our almost 10 year relationship as well.

1 Like

thats very sad, i think im too, my mother is crazy and had punished me alot for no clear reason, and stuff, im shore a lot of people hear war soffered defferent form of child abuse.
part of geting mad, i guess

3 Likes

Yeah I was abused by a family who decided they didn’t want me when I was four and then molested by my handicapped brother while I was seven. I was adopted so I don’t know if it runs in my family. But who cares about it? I got through life and am much stronger than I used to be.

2 Likes

I was sexually abused by a stranger as a child.
At high school, a bully usually molest me by touching my intimate parts.

1 Like

All this is heartbreaking, please be well and healthy.

4 Likes

ho fu*ck, sorry for my pig words, that horrible. im so sorry you have been troug so much.

2 Likes

I was abused by my parents physically mentally and emotionally. They beat me and belittled me and ignored me constantly.

They’d beat me a lot I remember one time my dad attacked me and I came back to consciousness and my ribs were bruised blue

Then they took me to a psychiatrist. I got put on adderall for adhd. The side effects were terrible so I’d disobey when told to take them this resulted in my mom pinning me down every morning and forcing pills down my throat. I’d gag and choke and but she didn’t care.

Then I got a new psychiatrist. Things started out ok but by the time I was 10 she was molesting me. By the time I was 12 she was raping me. She gaslit me and threatened me ,mainly by saying she would hospitalize me if I disobeyed.

Now I have DID yeehaw but I was born with the schiz

1 Like

I can’t say I was abused specifically though some of my family were a bit mean to me. I guess enough to make me start isolating. But, I think I was mainly abused by my own brain issues. My mom would ask if my dad abused me.

1 Like

My dad used to whip me with belt, it left welts and blood, no one was allowed to be smarter than him, even though I knew at a young age he was not to bright. I left at 18 and never talked to them again

2 Likes

My mother and her father were abusive when I was a child and teenager. But once I moved out, things changed, though my grandfather died just before I moved out. The pattern seemed to be that they bullied those that were dependant on them. Grandfather bullied his wife all the time.

1 Like

I remember my mother punching me all over. I never knew where I stood with her one day she would be caring and the next she would be angry, it went on like this for years.

My childhood had lots of love and being spoiled, varied with some incidents of sexual abuse and a bit of being emotionally belittled. Im also not very resilient though, i suppose. I cry if i accidently kill a small insect and i still remember that time the kindergarten teacher subtly belittled a vulnerable classmate when i was 4. That sensitivity kind of didnt help me dealing with the bit of abuse that happened.

My mom was in an abusive relationship from the time I was 13-14. That left me with C-PTSD and I do feel like it possibly triggered me to start hearing voices. Other than that, no. My home growing up was extremely dysfunctional and there was a ton of fighting, but I don’t think it was abusive.

I was sexually abused when I was a little girl. I have dealt with terrible PTSD from it. Sometimes the flashbacks were so painful it was like I was going back in time right to when it happened. So vivid, so real. But when my abuser passed away, a lot of the pain and anger and guilt and worry went with him so I’ve gotten to do a lot of healing and I can talk about it now and I hope others will find their way through their pain. The reduction in PTSD symptoms has lessoned my psychosis greatly. It was all very triggering. I would get just lost to it and be lost in my mind for days. But with proper meds and lots of therapy and providence everything is better.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.