Have u ever had the idea of going off meds to experience psychosis for the creativity aspect?

i thought about this years ago but id never do it with what i know now. in like 2016 when i first got psychosis and went on meds i thought about rappers like eminem how creative and able to paint a picture through music they are. i felt like his songs were about sz for example the song deja vu by eminem. i felt like i had more creativity off meds because i used to rap and all my thoughts would rhyme 24/7 and id create scenarios and stuff. i felt like my creativity and wild thoughts would make me rich and famous. now im ok with being boring if it means i have my peace of mind

3 Likes

I am not creative while in psychosis lol I was never creative even before sz.

3 Likes

I was more creative before meds but unfortunately I can’t cope without them. Just gotta work with what u can

2 Likes

Umm yes. It didn’t turn out well. But at least I’m more experienced now and I no longer feel the impulse to mess with my meds.

2 Likes

I’m perfectly creative on meds. Just takes effort and practice to get it back.

4 Likes

IDK. The myth is that people with schizophrenia are more creative than most folks. I think they disproved that theory long ago.

7 Likes

I don’t know… it’s dangerous because my brain can be further damaged if I go off meds.

1 Like

I was not creative when psychosis. I was out of my mind in another reality.

But hypomania from my bipolar aspect does have increased creativity. Not always a good thing though.

3 Likes

The only thing I was really creative about pre SZ was getting my hands on more booze and drugs. I like my life now so much better.

2 Likes

Trust me. The ■■■■ i come up with is more creative than anything

Edit: that doesn’t make it useful. Maybe if i wrote stories it would help

2 Likes

I draw really good sometimes when psychotic but i wouldnt go off meds to draw pictures

2 Likes

I will sometimes skip a dose of my med’s, and then I often write better than I usually do, but I’ve come to realize that I will probably never be able to get completely off my med’s. I get too shaky, and I experience some bouts of intense anger.

1 Like

That was kinda my point. Sure we all have some wild, crazy creative delusions or hallucinations. But that doesn’t make us great painters, writers or poets. And strictly speaking, we can’t really take credit for delusions. We didn’t create them, they come from an ill brain .

4 Likes

I remember looking at the photography I did during my last relapse. It was horrible. Badly composed and very little thought put into it. Being off my meds destroyed my creative ability.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.