Has your situation after onset of schizophrenia improved or deteriorated?

How is your situation after onset of schizophrenia compared to before?

For me after onset of schizophrenia the situation has improved in a big way.

5 Likes

My situation has improved too.

4 Likes

it improved over the years but the negative symptoms tend to persist so i have to make efforts there.

4 Likes

My life has been constantly improving since being diagnosed with schizophrenia.

3 Likes

There has been a slight improvement in the last two years. I still hope to heal one day,

2 Likes

My life has improved drastically.

4 Likes

Improved a lot. I’m more ’ normal ’ for sure…whatever that is.

3 Likes

It got worse before it got better but it’s better now.

2 Likes

Now that I have treatment after the psychotic episode I think better now than at the prodomal stage.

I’ve improved dramatically since onset. I can meet or beat neurotypicals in functioning at work. I can pass for normal for extended periods when I need to. Meds and therapy are key.

1 Like

Of course it improved, I was insane and suicidal.

1 Like

Blehhhhhhh I feel like crap all the time sad to say I’ve gotten worse

Meds didn’t help you at all?

I was good after my first break… had a job and met my now husband… now a year after my second break it’s deteriorated… can’t hold down a job… still have delusions/voices sometimes but I think it’s slowly getting better.

Meds help but I’m slowly getting worse

1 Like

My journey started out badly, but I’ve gotten good care and while I still struggle I can take care of my family and myself most of the time. Stress has a lot to do with my health. So I work at being free of stress.

I was improved. Then my doctor took my zyprexa away in 2018 and I had a psychotic break and was hospitalized. You never know what will happen. Now I have ptsd and a tremor in my left hand.

To use a football analogy: By mid 1982 I was a team facing not being re-elected to the football league, or even worse folding due to bankruptcy . By the mid 1980s I’d become what would now be called a championship league team . I’ve stayed in that league since then .

1 Like

As long as I’m not in the hospital I call that a win.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.