Has anyone here ever relapsed while on medication?

When im really stressed out I get short a few hour intervals of psychosis on any med. I usually take a benzos to calm down then a few hours later i come out of it.

I haven’t been as stable as I am on Vraylar. Invega somewhat stabilized me to but both times I only became so stable after many months of taking the meds.

As for full blown relapses, yes, several times while medicated I have. The first was a year or two after being on geodon. I began getting panic attacks constantly and fear someone or something was after me. I could barely leave the house. That lasted a bad six to eight months.

I had another break on not sure what med but I ended up in the hospital. I think the Seroquel I was put on calmed things down after a while. My memory is pretty poor about that time.

Then I was on fanapt four or eight mgs is when I began hearing voices like four or five years ago. Before that I almost never heard voices. And at that time I heard them all the time…I think I was only taking half of what I was prescribed for a while The dose was probably too low. I get akathesia easily and from a majority of aps at least in the past. Before fanapt I was on Latuda for a really short time. Fuzzy on some details but anyway just before I tried to kill myself which I did for seriously delusional reasons I ended up in the hospital i was on latuda low dose for like a week. My mom thinks Latuda makes me way worse. Anyway I ended up on invega which didn’t really seem to do a good job at quelling psychosis for like six months.

1 Like

Yeah me too pretty much. On and off sometimes worse than others

1 Like