Has anyone felt like live TV can hear your thoughts or people

I beleive people can hear my thoughts, especially when watching live TV.

2 Likes

When i was about 6 years old i looked up toward the tv in hopes i could see up the girls skirt

2 Likes

You have schizophrenia and those thoughts are not true mate. I used to think people on the TV could read my thoughts too, but now I’m on medication and it’s stopped. I know , it’s a horrible feeling when you think the TV is reading your thoughts. It made me really scared of the TV. When I was psychotic I was terrified and paranoid with every TV I saw, I hated being at people’s house, it was all just so awful. You need to get help.

5 Likes

I’m Sz and had the same problem. I told a buddy of mine at work.

Buddy: “So I guess you can’t watch Football on TV then.”

Me: “Why is that?”

Buddy: "Because you think all of the players are talking about you in the Huddle!

lol! (He wasn’t far from the truth)

Especially live TV made my worse. It’s an awfully terrifying experience. Best of luck mate.

1 Like

when i was psychotic and watched CNN i thought Anderson Cooper was talking directly at me… as if saying… i know u exist.

3 Likes

no but when i was in the hospital i did think what was on the TV was messages just for me

2 Likes

sometimes i think comedians are making jokes about me and can see my life through a spy cam… that was a weird psychosis…

1 Like

Hi raen, I used to think everyone in the world could see me on a small screen in their heads. Damn it was hard living like that. Kinda like what you said, a spy cam. I had no privacy, it was bad.

3 Likes

i saw a whole r&b video that was singing about my delusions and the mark of the beast stuff… i honestly am not sure if the tv was on or off… this was nearly 20 years ago… i havent had a halucination that vivid since a week later when i started meds again… i hope i never go back to that

What medication did you take? Did you beleive even random people could read your thoughts. Like think something during the day, then you would strike up conversation with someone and they would say exactly what you thought.

1 Like

How is that funny. When you beleive people can hear every thought you have.just imagine every thought you had good or bad, repeated back to you from a complete stranger. How paranoid would you be?

I don’t watch tv at all.

1 Like

I can’t watch TV because it makes my anxiety too bad. You definitely have sz, and I’ve felt the same thing, including feeling that they’re talking directly towards me.

1 Like

true. I used to think that I could control the basketball players when they were playing a live game. One time, they were having a really bad game and it just made it so much worse

Do you take any medications to help?

1 Like

I hadn’t watched TV nor movies (or read books/magazines/nada/nothing) between 1997 and 2006…the occasional movie would have certain phrases they’d say and specific things they’d do in a particular order that fueled my so called paranoia- it was just too close to home for me.
I have my theories as to what, but it isn’t going to be helpful if all it does is fuel other people’s paranoia too.

It’s best to just not get too excited about any co-incidents and overthink the unthinkable.

1 Like

Yeah I see your point! So you think it is a higher being. But if that is the case don’t you think it is possible to hear someone’s thoughts with today’s technology too. I’ve seen many websites that say it is possible to do with a implant or eeg done to a person.???

I would like to hear your theory if you have the time, anything could help!