Has anyone actually tried meetup.com?

What was your experience? It seems like a good way to meet people if that’s what you wanted.

3 Likes

We dont have meetup.com in my country…so frustating… u can have meet up…man it sound great …

Yes you have meetup.com in nepal. Google “meetup.com nepal” :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I looked at their groups many times , but have never gone to any events

2 Likes

Same here actually.

1 Like

Okay thanks ever …but its a group of normal people…its hard to befriend them as i have bad cognition and negative …!!!

Yeah same can’t pluck up the courage or change my mind too often

1 Like

You also have low self esteem. This is the root of all evil. Try CBT soon my friend :slight_smile:
Have more faith!! :pray:

3 Likes

yes i did, i met up at a bar with a group of people and got talking to a nice woman who was older than me but she left and i just went home, i’ve been meaning to do it again but i’ve been busy lately and tbh i am a bit scared of doing it now and idk why.

3 Likes

I went to a few events on couchsurfing.com. I have looked at meetup events, but I’ve never actually gone. I want to, though.

2 Likes

I joined Connecting Singles in 2010 I use the forums there…its great…I talk about mental illness on it a lot too…

1 Like

i’m going to look at it again lol

1 Like

I’m too desperately shy to attend a meetup. I admire people who do, I’m actually envious of them. I really isolate myself a lot.

1 Like

Even though I am rather high functioning, I still have problems with social awkwardness because of the illness. I can still only socialize so much anyways and I need my alone time. As long as I’m not a complete recluse!

1 Like

The few events anywhere near my area are not for things I have any interest in.

1 Like

Zis is fun!! I signed up on couchsurfing :thinking: Not sure yet if i should actually participate :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

well, i just joined a social group and it looks like they do a lot of fun things so i asked my friend (who also has problems) if he wants to go with me some time and he is thinking about it, if he says no, i have a couple of other friends i can ask and hopefully someone can go with me as a plus one :slight_smile:

I signed up a couple times and received a ton of email! Never went to anything and most cost money anyway :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It is also more appropriate for couples to go together or single people. In my opinion anyway. I wanted to go to some vegan potluck for example, just hesitated. A bunch of single guys and girls were going on Facebook.

I guess, in reality. I am more in the double date brunch :unamused:

A LOT of Meetup groups in my area - have been a handful of times - highly recommend it!

1 Like

I like it. I enjoy the ones best when there is a focus to the group like a lecture or meditation. If it’s just to socialize I’m not interested.