Has anybody kept secret diaries or notebooks

I used to have this delusion and paranoia that intelligence agencies monitored what I wrote or thought and then I decided to keep paper notebooks so that these agencies were not able to read what I wrote. I now know it has just been one of those grand delusions with paranoia I have had.

I used to keep lots of journals and notebooksā€¦ I wrote some of them in special codeā€¦ that I canā€™t even read now.

I was sure things in my life were being monitored tooā€¦ so I would hide them.

I still have a few of themā€¦ they make no sense to me nowā€¦ and I cringe when I think that I was once that scrambled in my thinking.

1 Like

Many entries in my notebooks make no sense at all, but I suppose at the time these things written or drawn in these notebooks might have been very important, but afterwards these are meaningless and useless entries, a little reminds me of the movie ā€˜Beautiful Mindā€™ in some sense.

1 Like

Yeah I have a notebook, but I wrote a lot on those when I was psychotic, now not so much, I donā€™t have that much to say to myself.

I thought about keeping a diary but I havenā€™t started yet.

Yes and the last one ( 2005,2006) looks like this.

And has some pathetic stuff like this

:joy:

1 Like

Yep @sarad Thaz Really Awesome ā€¦ ,

(explicit content)

e(Y)e Once Had a Shoebox Filled With Poetry e(Y)e Wrote When e(Y)e was 15ish ā€¦ ,

and After Some T(Y)me All Tha Poetry Disappeared ā€¦ ,

(its a long story) ,

e(Y)e Donā€™t Know Where Tha Poetry Went ā€¦ ,

After e(Y)e Moved From Home and Came Back After a Couple Of years ,

e(Y)e Thot it Would Be a Fun idea To Sing Those Poems ,

L(Y)Ke Some Sort Of Cool , Childhood/Adulthood Odd Weirdo hazy Fun-ness ā€¦ ,

but After e(Y)e Got Back Home and e(Y)e Excitedly Opened Tha Shoebox ā€¦ ,

It Was Empty . ,

Oh Hens (!!!)

1 Like

Yes I have a few notebooks that I donā€™t want anyone to seeā€¦
I threw away some that were written while most psychoticā€¦
They were just crazy and I didnā€™t want them anymoreā€¦

Your paintings are quite similar to my sz auntā€™s paintings, she died in 2007, she also kept some kind of a notebook or wrote a book, unfortunately she was hospitalized most of her life,

I used to keep a small notebook called ā€œthe red bookā€(it had a red cover). It wasnā€™t a diary though. It was a list of things I absolutely could not forget, mostly delusions about fearing for others lives.
Then there were many other small notebooks, scraps and virtual documents used for supposedly less important lists. I knew that one thought could cause me to forget about something important. It got to a point that I wrote RED BOOK in all of the smaller notebooks, saved as my background picture,etc. A year+ later Iā€™m still finding hints lying around for me to look at the red book, but I havenā€™t opened it, because in a calmer state, I remember whatā€™s in there, and itā€™s nothing to worry about.

Thatā€™s just two names and a poem. : )

Soz To Ramble ā€¦ ,

but e(Y)e Have Thus One Memory That During Tha T(Y)me ALICE IN CHAINS Released That One Album With Tha Pup On Tha Cover ā€¦ ,

e(Y)e Was As Always , Lissening To Music (THAT ALBUM) , and e(Y)e Got Inspired To Write Some Poems , back Then e(Y)e Sometymes Would Write During Tha Middle Of Tha Nite When Everyone Was Sleeping ā€¦ ,

and Jus Scribble and Scribble and Scribble ā€¦ ,

e(Y)e Felt Really Calm During Those Hours ā€¦ ,

and No One Ever Wanted To See What e(Y)e Wrote but e(Y)e Didnā€™t Care ā€¦

N E Hoo ,

Jus Thot e(Y)eā€™d Share ā€¦

Yeah I have had like four of them, three from my preteen years and then one from psychotic and insane era which I destroyed, and now one from medicated until today.

Itā€™s scary when I look at my delusional days. I really donā€™t like reading my past entries. These days itā€™s more like I am overly concerned with being sane.

I could never write a diary. I was too paranoid someone would read it.

I have one now, itā€™s my little cbt journal, tee hee.