Has any one made a full medication free recovery from sz?

id like to know. I’m hoping that will be me one day

1 Like

I’d like to know too!

1 Like

Me too. But I don’t see that happening. I would have to hospilize myself to find out. Things get real bad real quick but it would be nice.

John Nash did it. He thought meds dulled his intelligence.

It’s something I’ve heard about, but never seen personally. You’re basically looking for a unicorn.

1 Like

John nash came close, close as in he didn’t kill himself doing something stupid. But I certainly won’t ever go off meds again

1 Like

No, I have to be on meds.

1 Like

Lion’s Mane allowed me to reduce my meds by half, after two months of taking it. It’s not a silver bullet, but it really seems to be healing my schizophrenia.

Check out the Amyloban 3399 thread for more info.

2 Likes

Not in the four years I’ve been here. I’ve seen many people claim to recover med-free, but they usually feel great for a few months and then start cursing everyone out and acting like total jerks, then disappearing for a few months, then coming back and apologizing, saying they are on meds again.

Every couple weeks we get a new one claiming to be cured. Don’t trust them.

10 Likes

I take meds, but have almost zero side effects, and I’ve had no positive symptoms for over two years. I consider myself to be in recovery.

8 Likes

i dont take anything and ive been doing pretty good. i only have Sza though so i guess its not as hard?

@anon92887483, don’t tell me that sza is not as hard as sz. I suffered very terribly with really, really bad psychotic symptoms for over thirty years. Just as bad psychotic symptoms as any sz person. I have to take a lot of AP’s just to keep my positive symptoms in check. A total of three. I will probably have to be on them for life.

1 Like

How long have you been off meds?

Someone in sweden or switzerland - a psychological cure…? Just because we take drugs for SZ it’s not the only angle to be explored

true, i just assumed its easier

ive never really been on meds. only when im in hospital and a month or two afterward

2 Likes

There’s a documentary on YouTube called “heal these broken wings” which deals with unmedicated sz recovery. The patient, however… calling her eccentric would be an understatement. Several times in the doc I thought to myself, what if she just tried meds? Different strokes for different folks I assume. I was used to being on meds from 15 years of bipolar medication every day.

1 Like

I think scorpionpark7 claimed he hadn’t been on meds in like 10 years. But he’s hadn’t been on here in a long time.

i think everyone just has to find what works for them. i dont think SZ is a one size fits all “cure”. personally i cant stand being on meds

1 Like

I went off meds in 2007 and coped fine for five years, thinking my sza was cured. That was till 2012 then had to go back on meds as I relapsed.
Since then every time I tried coming off meds I’ve been sicker than before and returned to hospital
I guess I have to stay on meds for the rest of my life now.

2 Likes

@anon92887483, You know what they say about assuming.

1 Like