Happy Halloween 🎃

Just realized it’s Halloween :ghost:

9 Likes

Oh, I guess it’s time to whip out the “nightmare before xmas”

4 Likes

Lights and trees going up tomorrow yup

2 Likes

Yeah I ■■■■■■■ already posted that some of us might be triggered. Not this year for me because I’ve let all that family baggage go. Thank god for online ordering. Shopping sux this time of year

2 Likes

Happy Halloween! Lights and tree? Lolwot?! :joy:

3 Likes

Happy Halloween!!! I am wearing cat’s ears today. :cat:

3 Likes

Happy Holloween! I have to go get some candy. Last year I didn’t have any and gave out ramen to the two trick-or-treaters I had. Felt like an ass but the kids got all excited. Who knew their parents didn’t usually let them have ramen. That stuff is kinda crappy I guess.

4 Likes

Aww sorry @Leaf you had to give out ramen. Even though it’s pretty good lol. Last year I wasn’t home on Halloween we live in a 4 apartment complex I figure the kids ring all 4 doorbells don’t expect 4 different homes to go out give them candy lol. Actually f it I’m getting candy and if no one comes I will eat it myself

2 Likes

See now that’s the problem I have started a diet and I don’t want any candy here. I think I will get either lollies or fruit snacks or maybe even those little apple sauce cups. I would need maybe 12, so 2 packs and if there’s any left over it will certainly get used by us. So yeah, I’m thinking apple sauce.

2 Likes

I give out a buttload of candy. I had packaged cute little decorative mini ziplock baggies with candy but only had 40 of them and knew that would not be enough, so I took on the onerous task of opening them all, dumping out all the candy. and putting it in this cute bat bowl that I have for passing out candy to trick-or-treaters. I bought another large bag of Snickers and mixed it in. This way, I don’t have to hand out as much candy as I was going to in the little baggies, so I can give it out to more kids.

2 Likes

My big dog scares tricksters away. He stands on the balcony, and if anyone comes towards our door WOOF WOOF our house is skipped. The last three years not one trickster so I didn’t get candy

3 Likes

My neighborhood growing up had like no trick of treaters so we’d have to walk further cuz it was more spread out than the places the trick or treaters went but sometimes they’d leave a sign take 2. We’d always take more. I would sometimes take the whole bowl lol so selfish.

1 Like

It depends who and where I lived growing up. It seems like every year I was in a different place

We live in the perfect neighborhood to trick-or-treat: townhouses, so the places are really close together, and the kids get tons of candy.

1 Like

The Connors last night

was about Halloween,

got me in the mood.

1 Like

Samhain begins for us Druids. I love this time of the year. There are still some autumn leaves falling in Eugene, Oregon, but many of the trees are already bare. The fallen leaves crunch under my feet as I walk over them, and I love that sound. The nights are getting darker and longer and colder. The smells of wood burning fireplaces, the smells of cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, ginger, pumpkin. I just love them all. I love wearing my hoodies again.

3 Likes

Hey, I like ramen soup. Add a few vegetables to it, and it’s a good meal.

2 Likes

Thanks for this post. I prefer summer but there’s lots of things about late fall and winter I prefer. I like driving better, after the car heats up, in the winter, because there are no people on the road lol.

1 Like

I don’t like hot weather. I prefer cold weather because I sweat too much in the heat, and I do a lot of jogging and bicycling and various other exercises. I’ve always been more of a fall/winter kind of person. But most people do like spring and summer better. I cringe when I see the first spring bulbs flowering, lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where I live I get no trick-or-treaters. So I have to buy candy I like.

1 Like