Had anyone ever taken 2 antipsychotics? I’m on invega sustenna

I take two. I take the maximum dose of Geodon and a small dose of Latuda. I have never taken Invega and I have only gotten the shots of Haldol in the psych ward so I have never been on a depot.

The 3 week thing sounds like a good idea though.

I don’t know if Latuda does anything for my psychosis but it really helps with my mood and negatives. If you have bad negatives Latuda is advertised mostly for bipolar depression but it is an AP.

Latuda has wonderful AD properties let alone AP properties.

I didn’t do well on latuda. I’ve been on haldol before and it really helped but my pdoc says not to use it unless you’re in the hospital. I was on it on a regular basis though. Latuda didn’t help me at all with my hallucinations and that made me depressed despite being for depression. I couldn’t take Geodon cause of my heart.

It didn’t help me at all with my hallucinations and hat made me depressed

I’m no doctor but what helps with my hallucinations is an AP plus Clonazepam. I read somewhere (I cant find the link) that GABA plays a part in hallucinations as does dopamine.

That’s too bad. It really helps me but my hallucinations are controlled with the Geodon so I can’t speak for the effectiveness of Latuda as an AP.

Geodon does come with heart concerns. I have had both psychiatrists and one nurse practitioner who were really concerned about me being on it. That nurse practitioner she told me it’s not a med intended for you to be on long term. I have been on it for 10 years now.

I had one heart scare but it ended up being nothing.

ive been on invega sustenna 234mg for about 6 years and about 5 years ago i was taking haldol pills once a day when it would start to wear off on the 4th week and the haldol gave me ocular gyric crisis as a side effect… which made my eye balls roll into my head and i couldnt move them. so i had to stop taking haldol. it was very irritating.

I’m on seroquel and zyprexa

1 Like

I’m on invega and zyprexa now