Had a bad morning today

I take ativan for anxiety but right now i’m having to stretch my supply through next friday and i’m running low. Last night i skipped a dose and woke up twitching so badly that i almost dropped my phone and almost spilled my cereal.

Now it’s not as bad since i took one this morning. I hope i can make it to next friday.

1 Like

What medication are you on? Twitching just from skipping one dose, sounds like a strong drug.

Ativan (lorazepam). I’m supposed to take it three to four times a day but ended up taking more than what i should have. So now i’m at twice a day morning and night. I went 24 hours without taking it.

Oh man, you’re taking too much. Half a lorazepam lasts 12 hours on me. Don’t go 24hours without taking one, Space the dosages by 12 hours, and take less every two days.

2 Likes

Wow your anxiety must be really bad. I’m sorry you had a rough morning.

I feel better, now.

I was prescribed lorazapam by the VA at first, but you have to get off that stuff eventually it’s a panic drug to use until you get a proper medication regimen. I’d get off that stuff ASAP because it’s is an addictive controlled substance. Be careful on that stuff big guy.

1 Like

Also, Benzo's increase the risk or mortality by up to 80% in patients with schizophrenia over 5 years.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/856312

Careful