Hackers for real?

I have 3 instagram accounts and 2 were hacked. I got emails saying I logged in from Ukraine, Lithuania, Russia, etc I changed the password and no more foreign logins. They did nothing to the account though and I never use these 2 accounts anymore. I also got an threatening email saying they know my password, its actually a half part of one of the passwords I use.

Its been many months I received this email and they still did nothing and I didnt change my passwords. What can they do?

1 Like

It made me paranoid at the beginning.

My brother got his paypal hacked and foreign donations overseas and charges were charged. He called paypal, they refunded him and he changed his password. How can hackers get passwords? I think they sell them on the darkweb. Dirt ppl.

What are they gonna do with Instagram accounts? Share some photos? If you have the same passwords on other things, I would change them though. They can use the passwords in brute force attacks.

1 Like

I also had hackers log in to some of my accounts here and there. They did nothing with them. And I keep getting e-mails about accounts created with my e-mail. But no one has access to my e-mail.

1 Like

Yea I dont think they have access to any of my emails as its not the same password they threatened me with. I use strong passwords for email and paypal, these never got hacked, but I use simple short passwords for social media.

1 Like

I think I had my email account hacked once. The password was changed and it was a pain to get it all straightened out again. This was a long time ago though.

1 Like

Yeah me too. I also have two-factor authentication on all of the stuff I actually care about.

3 Likes

Maybe this is how: RockYou2021: Largest Ever Password Compilation Leaked | CyberNews

8.4 BILLION passwords leaked online

1 Like

Thanks, it says 2 of my email accounts are compromised. I changed my passwords a year ago, idk if I should change again.

1 Like

I would change them just to be on the safe side. Changing passwords is easy and doesn’t take very long.

1 Like

I had a hack on FB, FB locked the account right away and sent me a email cause I do not log in from where the hackers were

1 Like

Kinda off topic but I never been so called hacked and rarely get viruses. I don’t know if it’s because I update everything and stuff and have a good anti-virus, but nothing shows up. I assumed my whole PC has been hacked and has been compromised. I do feel like I am being watched. I am no way a security expert or anything, and I assume everything can be hacked in theory.

On the other hand, I once had my WoW account hacked 10+ years ago and got a notification. I just assume these guys are super pro or what not. The account message from WoW said it was China. I rarely use the same password twice and I don’t use simple passwords.

I wouldn’t be surprised if I’m completely compromised as well as others. I assume my phone has been messed with too, but I just go on with life.

1 Like

The type of hackers I’m dealing with may or may not be human lol. I assume I’m being watched through the TV too so they must have good hackers rofl.

1 Like

I had that happen too.

2 Likes

you go to the password leak checker to see if your password is leaked and they ask you for your password

f that thing

1 Like

Where? They didnt ask for my pw, just my email.

Leaked Password Check: Has My Password Been Hacked? | CyberNews

1 Like

Oh ■■■■ didnt see that, I used this and they just asked for email but anyways you can check how many your email was hacked using Bitdefender antivirus and it doesnt ask for password, just email.

1 Like

I guess its alright to give your email

1 Like