Guilt over eating literally

I just ate 3 500 calories today because it was a cheat day, and I feel so guilty. I will get back on my diet tomorrow I just needed to vent this happening. It really sucks because I feel like I ruined my whole diet.

1 Like

Any weight loss by depriving myself comes back to bite me. Sometimes i find myself in a weight loss undertone in my mind
Then I can gradually cat back on my eating. Listen for it and lastly.keep the gains you have earned.

1 Like

Realistically 3500 calories is not a major set back by any means. Just get back on where you left off and put it behind you. If more days than not you are sticking to your goals you will get there, even with a setback.

4 Likes

You can’t beat yourself up over this failure. Pick yourself up and try again tomorrow. I lost a lot of weight years ago eating what I wanted but just eating a lot less of it. I didn’t have a cheat day. Instead of a whole piece of pie I’d take 2 or 3 bites. I lost a lot of weight that way.

Also I agree with @thomas. 3500 calories is like 1500 calories over normal daily allotment so make it up over the next week. You’ll be fine

4 Likes

@anon97970229
Don’t let this tear you down! You’re working so hard! You can overcome this! The choices you make in the next few days will matter more than the ones you made today.

4 Likes

Yeah, don’t panic. It’s just a little setback, it happens. It shouldn’t ruin your diet as long as you don’t make it a habit.

Wow, that’s a pretty generic answer.

1 Like

You are right I can’t let one day doom my progress. I will continue fighting and getting back to the road of recovery. Thank you all

3 Likes

Yeah. I agree with nick. It’s a setback. That’s all it is. You still need a little room to eat some of what you want or you’ll end up blowing the whole thing.

2 Likes

True I try to watch my calories and give myself permission to eat anything, lately however I been eating more “clean” and more vegetables. @77nick77 Thank you, that is true I’m literally having a black and white thinking with this minor set back and that isn’t good. Don’t worry I think your advice was spot on, it definitely lifted alot of the guilt I was feeling, so thank you man.

2 Likes

And that’s assuming you’re not exercising. If you’re working out a lot then sometimes you do need that many calories.

I ate 3 to 4 times a day during summer marching band, usually some cereal or something for breakfast, then large meals, often fast food, the rest of the day and I still lost a good amount of weight (good amount as in I fit into my slightly chubby younger brother’s shorts, and I’m five and a half years older than him and was about 5 inches taller than him at the time).

Obviously, I’m not suggesting you gorge on fast food 2 to 3 times per day. It’s really not healthy, and I probably would’ve had a heart attack had I been 25 years older. A heart attack, a stroke, GERD, diabetes, kidney stones, gall stones… all the conditions. Anyway, what I’m getting at is that 3500 calories really isn’t that bad, especially if you work out a lot, and even if you don’t, it’ll probably take a lot more than one cheat day to make you start gaining any real weight back.

1 Like

Thank you @Sardonic I appreciate it, today I’m eating pretty low calories, so I feel confident and let that guilt go. It was unnecessary stress weighing on me.

1 Like

What triggered it @FORLORN? Eat stuff that will fill you up like a steak and baked potato. Filling but good. like three meals a day and no more.

1 Like

It was my cheat day lol. Yeah I’m trying to get complete nutrition in my food.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.