Got into the beer last night

I guess I need to start going to AA again. Until last night I have been sober four months. I’m sad to say I feel like my old self this morning. I don’t know if I like that or not.

I just felt overwhelmed last night. I’m regretting it now.

3 Likes

It can happen… be good to yourself today as much as possible. Alcohol makes you feel good upfront but there is anxiousness, dehydration, and my fave piece of advice here is there is ‘general dread’ regarding a persons’ worldview that ratchets up a lot!

Also remember your new quit date!!!

1 Like

Thanks Happy2Help. It seems like I can’t go longer than six months without drinking. I don’t know what to do about that.

1 Like

Just get back on the wagon again. You just had a slip.

1 Like

Thanks everhopeful. I guess I should tell my therapist.

2 Likes

Yeah you had a slip up.
Maybe AA could help?

It’s worth a try again.

2 Likes

It’s just one slip up. I think going to AA meetings to get yourself back on track is a good idea.

2 Likes

Thanks Wave. 15

1 Like

Thanks Pianogal. It’s been difficult going to AA with the Covid19, but they are having meetings again.

1 Like

Best of luck to you!!!

1 Like

I know PRECISELY what you mean. It’s the fact though that willpower is to be looked at as a finite thing that depleted. Before I treated it that way, I could’ve sworn that alcohol possessed some type of nutritional aspects… when I was young my hangovers felt like loopiness and I thought that had value sometimes to boot. I got confused there… on that.

But it’s all willpower. Next time you feel like giving in to it, a tip here anyway, is to make sure your belly is full! Being hungry depletes a form of your willpower! And the theory that I now very much subscribe to, is it all comes from the same basket.

1 Like

You may be right about that. I have started a diet and trying to stop the binge eating at night.

1 Like

Thought of a tangent here… but maybe you’d like to offer your two cents.

It was a social worker a million years ago when I had my first traffic violation … (lol?)?!

She said something that I never heard before or since.

She said alcoholics possess ‘vague religious desires’. I wish I was ready to ask her more but I wasn’t. It resonates, I remember it for a reason, and I guess it just is a key to understanding an overlap of schizophrenia and alcoholism. That one soundbite…

@NotSeksoEmpirico there may be something here for you. Or something you might be able to add… (Sorry if I’m tag happy and it isn’t received in someone who might not be in a good place mentally…) but I guess I’m just mixing it up or saying ‘hi’.

2 Likes

Well, hi! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.