Got a shot in my arm for christmas! No more Abilify pill!

My pill taking hasn’t been all that great these past few months. In fact, I’m lucky if I take the Abilify tablet 3 times out of the whole week for a long time.
Been on abilify pills since 2008 or 2009. Now, I can stop kicking myself on a daily basis for missing my pills and hopefully the remaining paranoia and grandiose delusions will disappear now.

My pdoc said she was very glad I mentioned it to her, since I’ve been accidentally missing appointments since June. Now I just go 4 weeks and they aim a giant needle at my upper arm and a minute later I get up and don’t have to take pills the whole month!

It burned a little as she was injecting it and the kind nurse even said, "it burns, I know."
Pdoc said to take pills for one more week and then to stop entirely. I guess the injection takes a week to kick in? Or else it’s because I have only taken the pill about 3 times these past two weeks.

I just wanted to say thanks to forum for writing about the injections versus pills. I think this is a good move for myself. Hopefully, I’ll be even MORE functional now that I am getting the prescribed dose every month!

Cheers to injections! :syringe:

7 Likes

I get mine in the hip, but it did hurt for about 3 days or so

2 Likes

oh no! my arm still hurts, dang i was hoping it would not hurt by tonight…

So many people are functional on aripiprazole, makes me think I wanna try it. But I’m already on Rexulti, they are pretty similar…

I get mine in the hip but I have bad skin and it can hurt sometimes.

You are so brave!

1 Like

Hooray! Now you won’t have to worry about hiding your pills! I hope that helps your paranoia greatly!

2 Likes

i get mine in my ass, i mean buttocks

2 Likes

injections are the best. Changed my life a lot. Btw. The first thought which came to my mind when I saw the title of the topic was that somebody actually got shot with a gun :wink:

2 Likes

Is this a reference to ‘A Christmas Story’?

1 Like

No, Bill Murray has nothing to do with it :wink:

1 Like

This sounds gay bro when you read just the comment alone, yes homo (this comment)

1 Like

on a tangent, my new neighbor’s name he goes by is “jimbo” and I keep getting it mixed up with @Jimbob and I call him Jimbob pretty frequently since I moved into my apartment in November! He smiles and politely corrects me.

I personally prefer jimbob over jimbo since the jimbob name is like two names in one name: Jim + Bob, whereas Jimbo is just one name plus a fraction of the Bob. So it’s Jim+bo,

Anyways, I thought you might think it was funny that I keep calling my neighbor in real life (and he’s my handy man who just fixed my wall heater) by your user name!

1 Like

I saw a change in myself from day one on the shot but I feel that my paranoia is getting a little worse the closer to the next shot date is… today I got paranoid when my boyfriend hasn’t texted me for a while… even though he was at work and probably couldn’t get a break I still felt paranoid but that’s all so far!

1 Like