Got a new job

Landed a job as a line cook. I’m super excited about it, and they hired me without me having any experience. I told them it was sort of a passion project for me because I’ve always wanted to have a go at being a chef. I told them one day I’d like to have a food truck and they said they can help me get the necessary skills to do so. I am grateful I dropped out of college, as now I get to explore different career fields. Granted, this will be a very fast paced job, but I have nothing to lose by giving it a go.

I feel like I have a clearer picture of what I want since I took a step back from college.

12 Likes

Very cool. Hope it goes well for you but you never know things until you give them a go. I think having a keen desire to learn will help you no end. Just relax and enjoy the process…not always easy with sz but wish you well with it.

2 Likes

Thanks mate! I’m going to try to relax, but it will be hard. I’m currently jumping between super excited and severe self doubt. Just have to keep it in my head that I really want this, and it is worth being uncomfortable for.

1 Like

Congratulations on your new job! I’ve worked as a line server before in the food industry. It’s hard work but I bet you’ll do great!!

1 Like

Don’t put too much pressure on yourself. There’s a learning curve at new jobs. Ideally, they want you to learn fast but they know it takes a little while to learn the system and they know you might make a couple mistakes. Just do the best you can, that’s all you can do. Good luck and have fun!

1 Like

There are few nobler callings than the culinary arts. Well done, you.

:heart:

1 Like

Congrats :slight_smile:

Let us know how you get on!

1 Like

Sounds like you have a great attitude and will do great! I had a few jobs cooking and one preparing burgers at a burger king at a zoo! It was a great experience. I had no experience and did good. They’ll teach you.

1 Like

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

what’s your specialty in cooking?
you’ll probably have to multi-task.
good luck with this.
I always love the places
that will cook right in front of me,
rare, but great.

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I’m getting more scared by the minute, but I’m excited in a way I haven’t been in a long time since I worked with dangerous stuff. :firecracker: I used to be able to handle high stress, and I’m hoping I can get back at it again.

Congratulations that is pretty exciting.
I’m happy for you.

It’s okay if it doesn’t work out but I’m sure you are looking forward to giving this a good go and that’s really cool. This might be the field for you :grinning:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.