Schizophrenia.com

Good News! - New Job!

I got a job at a restaurant!!! It starts in a month, and I have to prepare and train there too. I’m sorta nervous but inspired. It’s a new restaurant and I am going to add to the menu. The owner also offered a free haircut and makeover so I look the best. She’s my dad’s hairdresser and he put in a good word for me! I’m excited! I’ll be making gluten free bread and coming up with a recipe for the restaurant. It’s Vietnamese so I’ll be like a chef’s assistant part time 20hrs a week then move on up.

I’m also going to ask about a Behavior Tech position at the place I go to for medication, but one of their inpatient hospitals or step-down facilities. I want to work with kids mostly. My goal is to become an art therapist for all ages. But mostly teaching and art therapy inspire me as a career. I want to inspire young people to do well and also prevent them from drugs and falling into the traps a lot of people I know young and old have. I don’t want to do the substance abuse counseling stuff yet, but I will eventually and get a Masters.

I have one year left of college and I’m paying off the loan this year $1,000. I pay $100 a month right now towards collections for my college bill that my parents couldnt pay. I have to file income taxes, no one ever told me I needed to. I might get to stay on my dad’s insurance for a few more years as a dependent which makes me nervous and I don’t know all the rules about.

I probably won’t be his dependent once I can afford insurance and rent in a couple years. I also started saving $20 of my allowance each time.

So hopefully I’ll have two new jobs this year!!! But the first one is a definite, she hired me on and I’m soooo relieved. I needed a job ASAP.

23 Likes

how fantastic; congratulations!

thx :smiley: I hope that this will start things up in my life.

What a positive bit of news! Good luck to you Starry :smiley:

1 Like

It sounds like you’re a high functioning schizophrenic. Congratulations!

2 Likes

Good luck…

This is good news! Keep up the good work!

1 Like

It’s normal to be a little nervous or scared. Good luck. Most restaurants I’ve worked at gave free or cheap meals to employees.

1 Like

absolutely wonderful…good for you…

2 Likes

Hurray Starry!
Wishing the best for you OO

2 Likes

Great news I wish you every success in the kitchen

1 Like

Awesome job! Remember to have fun in the kitchen. :wink:

MadHatter

1 Like

Thankyou so much everyone!! My dad taught me how to make bread this morning. It’s rising in the kitchen and my mom is making breakfast! :slight_smile: I need to come up with a gluten free bread recipe. My dad bought soy flour and rice flour to experiment with for recipes. Hopefully I’ll get the knack of this. I imagine I’ll make bread early in the morning and then do other stuff in the kitchen. I’m very happy and excited.

3 Likes

Have fun!!!..

Congrats and wish you luck…

Good luck to you, you might try using Bisquik as one ingredient it comes in gluten free.

@StarryNight congrats…how wonderful :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thanks well the job turned out to be a scam but oh well I didn’t wire money for them.

Oh sorry, I missed that last comment before I liked. How are you feeling on it?

Congratulations!!! Jobs are hard to come by these days.