Good Idea Lithium Orotate, Vitamin B6 B8 B12 and B1?

Hi friends, is this a good idea adding Lithium orotate 5 mg and those extra vitamins to my lyme and psychosis depression treatment?

Vitamin B6 B8 B12 and B1 (already taking)?

Any ideas about the Lithium Orotate 5 mg ?

1 Like

Lithium supplement made me anxious. The rest were ok.

1 Like

Sounds like a great question for your doctor.

1 Like

During prodromal sz I experimented with supplements a lot as I felt ill but didn’t know I had sz. Lithium orotate was the worst and most dangerous. Tremors, nystagmus, weight gain, brain fog/decrease and slowing in cognition, and possibly damages the thyroid gland forever. You will need thyroid hormones for the rest of your life.

2 Likes

Hi Aziz, be also carefull with vraylar and gambling aswell… its also still a danger…

how much lithium orotate did you take? what you are describing sounds terrible, are you sure you didn’t take Lithium carbonate instead of the orotate. i was planning on taking 5 mg, this is a nightmare I have lyme disease with psychosis that’s why i wanna take it.

2 Likes

Yea I am afraid it will be the same as Abilify but will try it to be sure. For Lithium I tried the orotate Dr. Nieper one I think 120mg orotate which yields 5mg elemental lithium. I took up to 3 pills a day. It didn’t damage my thyroid afaik but lithium is known to damage the thyroid at high enough doses. I believe the carbonate has more elemental lithium/mg?

1 Like

In England we don’t have pdocs pushing marketing of drugs on us like it seems in the US

Still, they have never once told me to take any supplements for mental health

The most was a multi vitamin because my diet is poor

1 Like

well Carbonate is with prescription and they give it in toxic doses and orotate without.prescription. and low dose or something like 5 mg. supposed not to be toxic

1 Like

I’ve thought about taking b complex vitamins. I’m going to ask my pdoc when I see him. Be careful.

1 Like

Thanks roxanna! Yes will be very careful, Lithium in general isnt a joke

2 Likes

I take Lithium Orotate and B Vitamins as well. I do well.

1 Like

Thanks Jayster! Your message has given me hope what dose 5 mg ?

1 Like

i take lithium orotate, well i did take it, i stopped because it gives me super intense brain fog and bad short term memory, also makes me kinda sleepy, its a relaxing feeling but i am groggy and slowed down enough from my meds

2 Likes

Lithium didn’t do anything for me. Waste of money.

Methyl-B12 made me aggressive.

B12 vitamin? wow

I take 15 mg. of Lithium Orotate twice a day with food, as recommended by a doctor. I believe it is good for me.

1 Like

It did the same for me.

2 Likes

I will try will give an update soon… @Jayster are you taking a AP aswell with it?

any problems doing that combination I take Vraylar 3 mg day

1 Like

Yes. I take a couple antipsychotic medications.

Like, doctors often don’t think of vitamins and minerals unless there are studies to read. And it makes little sense to do such studies, because there is little profit from vitamins and minerals.