Good friend of mine got cancer

Testicular cancer at first. Had that removed. Unfortunately the cancer was also detected in his abdomen… I’m uncertain as to what that entails.

Really ■■■■■■ though. I can think about it for a minute or so and then the reality of it hits me.

This dude has been a friend since childhood, and he’s one of the few people who actually bothers to keep in touch with me. I know there isn’t anything I can do and I’m sure he’s in good hands, but it still weighs on me when my mind gets around to it.

I haven’t really had to deal with anything like this in my life.

I did have another friend who had testicular cancer, but I was in my own psychotic world and totally out of the loop on that. By the time I found out he had just finished his last round of chemo and was spending his last couple days in the hospital. He’s doing fine now, cancer totally eliminated.

This other friend… Sounds pretty bad.

Sorry to hear this Bryan. I have heard testicular cancer often effects younger guys. Sending good vibes to your pal for a good recovery

1 Like

sorry to hear about your friend. I’ll keep him in my prayers.

1 Like

It’s hard to understand why bad things happen to good people.

1 Like

Yeah man he’s one of the best dudes I know. I don’t think he’s ever broken anything more than a traffic law.

I will not presume to advise you as to what you should do. My only comment is an old Buddhist adage:

“Weather comes, and weather goes, but friendship remains.”

3 Likes

sorry man .
take care :alien:

1 Like

sorry about your friend x

1 Like

Hey @SoitGoes, sorry to hear your friend has cancer. My favorite uncle (69 years old) has prostate cancer as of a month ago. I’m hoping for the best too.

2 Likes

Hopefully they have caught it early enough for other treatments like chemo to eliminate it. Sending some good vibes to you and yours.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that @alien99.

Thanks to everybody else.

Apparently he’s got a month before he goes back in. It doesn’t sound like too much of an emergency situation.

1 Like

Sorry your friend has to go through this. Good luck to him… and hopefully they caught it in time so he can recover from this.

1 Like

That’s what I’m hoping for.