Gonna try going out food shopping on my own

For the last couple of years my mum has done all my food shopping. But twice this week my dad has driven me to the supermarket and I have done the shopping myself.

The next stage is me getting the bus in on my own and doing the shopping myself. Due to carrying restraints I would have to do 2 or 3 smallshops instead one big one.

I am quite excited about the prospect of doing this in terms of recovery. I am thinking I could stop for a coffee whilst I am out too.

7 Likes

U can go urself alone… i give u the power jimbob…

2 Likes

Wow this is a big positive step!
Good for you @anon35166066!

2 Likes

It’s great that you’re taking steps to be more self-sufficient. I know this one is difficult, but you can do it.

4 Likes

Good luck mate. I know how difficult it can be. Took me awhile and even now i do it in 2 or 3 small shops. Is it the paranoia for you that stops you doing it? Bloody does for me sometimes - and even now and again i wince out and end up ordering food online to save going there. I normally put my headohones on so i only have to interact with the cashier at the end - helps me ignore other customers when shopping x

1 Like

Cheers mate. Yeah is the paranoia and the anxiety that comes with it. Good idea on the headphones. Just ordered some cheap ones from amazon.

1 Like

You can do it … I have faith in you

1 Like

You can do it @anon35166066 !

Personally, it feels like entering a warzone. But once you finish your shopping, you’ll step out and feel relieved.

Good luck !

1 Like

Nice One Fella. Make sure you go and treat yourself to that coffee afterwards. I myself have always found shopping bloody stressful. I always get paranoid thinking im being watched cos they think im gonna steal something! lol .

1 Like

I kinda like grocery shopping, maybe cos I never did it myself until I hit about 30. Also I feel safe in supermarkets. If you just want to do one big shop Jimbob you could consider getting a taxi back home, just a thought, I used to do that at one time.

1 Like

@anon35166066 I wish you luck with your endeavour. If you manage it you’ll be doing better than me. I have someone who takes me for a big shop every week. I understand about the need to do small shops. I had this problem when I did try shopping on my own back in Essex. The trouble was I would not go out the other times to do a proper shop.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.