Going to DND for the first time Saturday

There’s a store for DND and other games in my town, they have game groups and I decided to join first session is Saturday! I’m excited and nervous I have no clue what to expect! Does anyone play DND here??

This will be my first time playing and I’ve only seen one session and it was mid game

7 Likes

Back when I used to play DND (2nd edition) it was a lot more about the role playing and conversations you would have between characters. Later editions have sort of made it all about adhering to rules and rolls, and even worse playing with figurines to visualize the combat, so a lot of the imagination has been taken out of the whole thing.

Which version are you guys playing?

1 Like

@CaptainCanada 5 I think, the dungeon master said it’s easier for beginners and I won’t be the only beginner

1 Like

Apparently 5e is a lot more like 2e compared the 3 and 4, so good luck to ya!

1 Like

@CaptainCanada thanks I appreciate that… I’m nervous

What role of character are you making?

Also is it a “good” campaign or “neutral” or “evil”.

Playing a paladin for a first go around is nice because you basically just have to try and do the right thing in most scenarios.

1 Like

@CaptainCanada - Hey man, any chance you can change your user name? We have a similar user name and dont want people getting confused. It would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Damm I just came back from an MTG event. I was using headphones 1/3 of the time. The rest was nice. Pretty cool nerds lol.

But my competitive side didn’t let me enjoy myself. I ended up exhausted.

1 Like

Anybody here ever see the show Harmon Quest?

Just have different avatars. Nobody pays attention to usernames anyway. Plenty of room for 2 canuks in this town lol.

2 Likes

What about Canuck2?

1 Like

@CaptainCanada I’m not sure about any of that

@dreamer54 MTG?

@FreeLunch Harmon Quest?

2 Likes

Magic: The Gathering. It’s played on game shops aswell

3 Likes

A show where they play a fantasy rpg like dnd

2 Likes

@dreamer54 oh my brother use to play that! I did a little too!

@FreeLunch ah okay sounds interesting

2 Likes

Oh I play DnD 5e too!! I love it a lot!! If you have any questions feel free to ask me!!

Have you started making your character yet??

2 Likes

@Noise no the dungeon master helps us with that… I’m going in completely blind…

2 Likes

Ah that’s really good that they’ll help you!! There’s a lot that goes into character creation and it can be confusing at first

I’m sure you’ll have a good time!!

When I first started I was super nervous but it’s honestly become my favorite hobby. It’s nice to socialize and just have a good time

3 Likes

Sounds like a cool hobby to me. Theres one near where i live too. Havent really considered it though. I can hardly picture it being played in person.

2 Likes

I got them confused tbh

3 Likes