Getting leather craft stuff soon...excited

My painting made me have to postpone my leather craft hobby…going to get just enough stuff to get started…excited…

6 Likes

Sounds fun. I need to pick back up my hobbies. It’s healthy to have a hobby.

5 Likes

I’m waiting for a magazine in the mail to cut out pictures to do a decoupage project on this unfinished wooden box I got. It’s about the size of a cigar box, a little bigger maybe. Anyway it’s going to be pictures of crystals, wands, tarot cards, incense burners and other magical items all over the box with a sapphire blue background. I think it’s going to be pretty. And I’ll have fun doing it. Crafting is super fun.

3 Likes

that’s awesome @Leaf what a box !!

2 Likes

It’s a good thing to do and I’m starting to put aside time to do hobby stuff. I spend far too much time on the computer and I think it’s healthy doing hobby or craft stuff. Hope it works out for you @jukebox

3 Likes

it’s going to be less rewarding than painting but painting wears me out…so much work to do in about four hours…and the precision necessary…leather work is work at your own pace…if you don’t finish a project it’s o k…just come back to it later.

1 Like

I’ve been painting for years, never had a painting I couldn’t come back to after leaving it unfinished.

But, I guess filling orders must be tiring.

3 Likes

it’s not really the orders…it’s just thinking up the ideas…

1 Like

I may be getting some leather craft tools soon too. But I am into so much stuff as it is that I not find the time for it.

1 Like

Dad’s girlfriend is getting into leather craft. She was showing me all of her tools. Looks intimidating tbh.

1 Like

@ThePickinSkunk she probably has lacing equipment and stuff like that…all I need is a mallot…a couple sponges to apply stain and sealant and tools …I make simple stuff (plan on it anyways), book marks, bracelets, and coasters…

1 Like

That sounds like fun! The only leather crafting that I have ever made was from the native American section in Hobby Lobby, like a medicine bag. I can relate to running out of ideas for painting as well. I think that is why if I paint it is non representational abstract. I have tried intuitive painting, yet that seems harder than going into a painting with a plan.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.