Getting a job as a janitor

Im applying to jobs. I just heard back from a janitor position. They emailed me and im expecting a call monday. Does anyone work as a cleaning person?

5 Likes

Try @77nick77 . I also believe @Zoe works in cleaning.

1 Like

I worked janitorial for a few years in my (late 20’s?) as well.

1 Like

yep janitorial. i’ve done that. good work that is.

1 Like

Best of luck @pasteyface

you feel good after cleaning like a messy break room, trash, wiping tables and sweeping, then mopping. it looks great, then smells great. take pride. all the workers love you. done it many years.

4 Likes

I just got done. I’m a janitor. Well took a shower after work cuz I stunk. But it can def be a good rewarding job

2 Likes

Cleaning jobs are okay. They keep me on my feet and they pay the bills, plus you rarely chat to people,

2 Likes

Good luck with it :grinning:

1 Like

I’ve been at my janitor job 10 years. It’s usually not too hard physically though you may vacuum for a few hours at a time or clean a bunch of restrooms or mop a large floor. I get to work alone. I arrive at work, get my assignment and then the rest of the day I’m working on my own. The office workers are usually friendly and I get to take my breaks alone. I don’t have to do a lot of scrubbing or anything. I spray down surfaces with the cleaning agent and let the chemical and the rag do the work. I’m pretty used to the job by now.

7 Likes

I was a janitor for awhile last year. It’s nice because you don’t have any coworkers or customers to worry about, and if you have a cool boss/manager, then all the better. I quit because I was not on the right meds at the time. And they had me working nights, which I can’t do. But I would recommend the job.

4 Likes

Yeah I did that all stuff today but not so long as that. I’ve gone 3 times only got not even 7 hours in so far lol. But hey it keeps me busy it’s not all about the money for me since I get ssdi and not much living expenses these days.

2 Likes

Hell no!!!

Cleaning is such a sick job. I often do construction cleaning

1 Like

Cleaning was my go to job for a couple of years, I switched up fields shortly after but I think I’m coming back to cleaning since it’s easy and flexible work. I just applied to a casual weekend gig which I hope I get.

Good luck with the interview hopefully you get the job and you like it!

2 Likes

I help my dad with his cleaning job… no people… quiet… not too hard.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.