Full time Job Starts Monday!

Guess what…I got a full time job! I can’t say what I do (too paranoid), but the pay is above minimum wage and after 3 months benefits kick in!

Just nervous about learning the ins and outs with the workload and also the ins and outs with my coworkers (not office politics noooooo)

Any advice on how to stay still for 8 hours? I know it comes with a ten minute break and a lunch, but I’ve worked part-time for like the last 7 years! Nervous about getting fidgety. I bought a fidget cube to fidget with, but I think I lost it.

Well, wish me luck! No more begging for money from my mother!

15 Likes

Congrats! Best of luck to you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congrats and best of luck to you!!!

2 Likes

Congratulations!

Don’t know what your setup will be, but things like walking to the printer can help a lot. If you can get a stand-up desk, that might make you feel more mobile as well. A lot of offices, especially one providing health benefits, also have healthy living programs in place and want to discourage you from being too sedentary.

Totally recommend learning to spin a pen on your fingers, too - helps a lot with the urge to fidget in meetings and doesn’t look out of place.

2 Likes

Congratulations and best of luck ! :sunny:

2 Likes

Good luck and congratulations!

2 Likes

Congratulations :balloon::champagne::tada:

2 Likes

Thank you all for the well wishes!!!
@Rhubot I will definitely find some pens to keep with me for twirling! Thanks for the good advice!

congtats!

Thats wonderful news!

1 Like

Congratulations @HQuinn. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Great @HQuinn! Whats of luck, you are on the right path!!!

2 Likes

Well done. Hope it works well for you!

Keep stress low. Stay relaxed…i’m sure you’ll be fine.

2 Likes