Food Shopping

Eventually I may start to shop online, especially for bulk items. There is another bigger busier market that offers home delivery, but you have to spend at least $75 per delivery. The small market where I shop is literally 2 minutes away from my house and is dead usually - no crowds. I figure that going to this market is good for me so I dont isolate myself so much. I could not shop in a bigger busier store, especially one that is further away from my home

1 Like

It’s easy to overstock if I shop online. I tend to spend more readily too. Watch out for that. I think online shopping has some merits, but it is not replacing market shopping yet. I am supportive of u to keep visiting the market in the neighborhood. Isn’t it enjoyable to walk into the community and see how it is going? In fact, I have worked in a small shop and have seen many people walking into small grocery every the other day to buy one item or two. They seem to feel comfortable seeing the same staff everyday. Some spend a minute or two talking to us and see us friends.

The ‘word’ i use for that is ‘overwhelmed’ . There 's so much stuff to choose from that it’s visually overwhelming.

1 Like

I think right now in my life, it would be better that I walk into a supermarket and shop the old fashioned way. You are right goggles it is a positive thing to do when I can do it. At least I among other people for a short period of time. I am not really 100 percent comfortable with surrounding myself around strangers, but at least I am nor isolating myself and it gives me something to do.

2 Likes

I am happy to see u can do that! Maybe u will feel more comfortable after a few more times and than u can expand the comfort zone. It will bring a lot of potentials for great things.

I like that feelings I can walk into the market and buy myself a Yakult when I feel like to have one. It feels so free. And if u feel at ease one day, try to ask the staff a question about the stocks, or tell them something u like about their service. Recently I have an experience. I told the lady who was helping me about herself, that she can remember the menu so well, everybody else need to check about it but she doesn’t. It is an enjoyable social moments. I hope it will help.

1 Like

This is an excellent idea that might help my brother. I didn’t think to color code the shopping list. I can split it in half and color code his part. That way he can begin to do this more on his own.

I love how conversation leads to new ideas. Thank you.

3 Likes

I walk to the grocery store just about every day. Buy what I can get home with. My zyprexa pretty much blocks out the people. A little trouble walking and at the checkout. A little at a time and knowing what I’m planning to buy, helps me escape the sensory overload - as I call it.

2 Likes

You are not being morbid. I have already thought of this.Just don`t know where the money will come from. And my son has already had all these things done to him…((

I read in a book that buying things is a form of social interaction.

Today internet fully developed and most of the person have no time and they will choose online shopping . by the way online shopping provide the security & shipping facility.
you can purchase grocery item then visit the online grocery shopping jaipur called as buyibbudget.

My sis was putting together a shopping list and found food stickers.

I like the tortilla sticker underneath the bread. I think this will help me. Color and picture.

They amuse me.

1 Like

Food prices are quite high today, back in the 1980s I used to purchase some liver casserole and it was just two Finnish marks and today this same liver casserole is two euros, 12 Finnish marks, so it is six times higher than 25 years ago. This is how the world is evolving.

I am not reading any news, but I saw one little news recently how one American politician showed how much the price of one hamburger has risen in one decade, it was not anywhere close what has happened to the price of very simple food, liver casserole. I believe this is because of the European Union, all prices have risen.