Folks who take abilify here

I haven’t been on abilify for a while. What’s your take on abilify? I went to the hospital while on it it I am giving it another try. I’m a little scared.

1 Like

What dose are you on ? When were you last on it?

1 Like

He’s starting me out on 10mg. I went three years ago

1 Like

My risperdal is much more effective than Abilify for me.

1 Like

I started out on 10mg but had to go to 15mg eventually. 15mg is working out well for me.

It’s all personal trial and error.

I hope it works out for you.

2 Likes

I started on 10mg but it wasn’t enough for me… I’m on 15mg now and it seems to work fine!

I wish you luck!

3 Likes

Im not sure. I feel pretty good right now. I can focus on school work. I think so far from what I read its the best at not being as sedative, or increasing negative aspects of schizophrenia. On seroquel I would battle serious depressive phases, and would be even more impulsive. Geodon increased my paranoia and psychosis for some reason. But that all could be situational too. The body/brain chemistry adapts and changes over time…

@Aziz I have been thinking about switching to Risperdal but I am scared about increased side effects. I think I’ll stay on the Abilify, it helps keep me from manic depressive phases. I can also focus better on school work even though I probably wont ever have a full time job.

2 Likes

I tried it once, didn’t work, became psychotic.

Apart from hair loss and inability to run, on my dose of 2.5mg it has been a god send.

On 15mg it was a nightmare but I’m beginning to think that was only because I was obese.

1 Like

I was taking 90mg and didn’t work

2 Likes

I just stopped taking it because it wasn’t working

Thanks for y’all’s perspective.im just a little anxious.

2 Likes

I was semi delusional on abilify and it cost me my marriage…take something else…!!

I was put on 30mg of Abilify.

Ended up on the acute ward within about two weeks.

For me it was like being unmedicated

Terrible experience

If it works for you then great

Don’t take personal experience of other people as gospel, as we all react differently, and one thing that suits you may not another

I have my fingers crossed for you

3 Likes

itis great works for me…way better than invega for me lol

1 Like

The best medication. Wipes out 75 percent of the symptoms at 30 mgs. There are no side effects for me.

2 Likes

My pdoc had me on 20mg but we worked our way down to 10mg and it seems to be working fine.

2 Likes

one other thing I have read and been told is that Abilify enhances the effects of other medications like anti-depressants. Im not sure how accurate this is because now its also being called a mood stabilizer. I have taken Abilify alongside Prozac, Lexapro, Wellbutrine and overall no anti-depressants have worked for me with or without Abilify.

1 Like

I’m on 15mg and it’s been working pretty well for me. 10mg wasn’t enough

1 Like

Ditto

1 Like