First trial of 5-HTP today

I recently read a thread about Abilify’s effect on Serotonin.
I heard that Serotonin levels involve in depressive mood and fatigue.
I used to feel often tired and had to sleep or lie down on my bed.
So I ordered them(because I wasn’t taking any antidepressant so I reckoned it is safe), and I’ve taken one (100mg) last night in the empty stomach.
I don’t know if it’s a placebo effect, but I don’t feel heavy or tired.
I feel really comfortable and relaxed. :smile:
but I think I need to its see long-term effect.

2 Likes

Hello i also take this supplement since a few days ago. I read many people said it’s better to talk with pdoc before taking it. My doc don’t want to prescribe me antidepressants so i had no choice. It works for me short term but I don’t know. I hope you will benefit from it. May it work for you.

2 Likes

I remember that you bought this a few days ago. My order was in shipping during the day. :smiley: I don’t like to say but I call this a miracle. I hope it works for long-lerm periods too. I didn’t consult with my doctor because I need to wait a month to see him again but definitely his advice is necessary.

1 Like

Can I ask how much dosage and many times you take your supplement? My product says take 100mg per night but in the evening I feel like the effect is gone. It maybe depends on my mood though. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I bought 50mg i think it says on the bottle from Nature’s Way only 30 pills to try it first. I take it at night one pill a day and it makes me sleepy. Yes the effect is gone in early evening next day. I don’t want to scare you but i read the words manic also psychosis and others as side effects from it. I just wanted to let you know.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know. I need to be careful.

1 Like
1 Like

5 htp effects other neurotransmitters long term so it isn’t recommended for any lengthy time. I want to try Sam e.

1 Like

dont be like me and suddenly try like 300mgs of it at once. made me very sick.

1 Like

I didn’t know that…I googled and found this.

“While 5-HTP increases serotonin and melatonin initially, it does so at the expense of other equally important neurotransmitters.”

Thanks for your reply. I need to stop taking it.
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes in the long term, 5 htp effects other neurotransmitters

1 Like