First time driving in four and a half years

I have a big gap on my resume as well. Since my first psychotic episode in 2011 I haven’t been able to keep a job. So an 8 year gap. I kept on going off my meds and ending up in the hospital. I wasn’t stable at all. I have been stable now for almost 3 years on invega sustenna. Even with a six year gap I was still able to get a job, but it didn’t last. A family member of mine was able to get a decent job after a 10 year gap. She did so good that after 3 weeks into the job, the placement where the agency placed her hired her on.

excellent :slight_smile: well done :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Great I still have to be behind the driving wheel and be able drive

2 Likes

I am driving again after not driving since 2015. I’m still a little nervous about traffic but I handle the car well. I need to go across town for practice. So far my mom is always with me.

1 Like

@friscokid12 Good luck with your driving again. You will get use to it and it will become so much easier. Today was my third day driving. Drove downtown to the thrift shop.

is she @SkinnyMe, what happened?

I only read the first post but I wanted to say this is so great and you should feel proud of yourself! I drove almost every day from age 21 to age 30 so when I lost my car it was a big deal. I borrowed one in the interim, but it’s been over two years since I’ve had access to that car. I haven’t really driven on a main road in two years. My condition has improved a lot and I am very sane now compared to back then, and I’m looking forward to getting a car once I move in October (I’ve saved up money for it) and getting into the rhythm of driving again. I’ll have to learn all the local roads though, I might go with a family member in the passenger side the first few times.

I’ve driven the stepdad’s car to the store and back a few times, but that’s connected to the neighborhood streets so I’m not really even going on any main roads.

1 Like

cool. do it. I can’t go over 60 mph on the highway, they all speed by me. I don’t have the need for speed.

2 Likes

Congratulations :balloon: on your car and driving it.
:oncoming_automobile:

1 Like

Congratulations! Good going!

1 Like

Thank you @Wave, @Daze, @Cindy10, Good luck @agent101g with getting back into driving again and good job saving up for a car!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.