Feels Like I'm Dreaming

I feel like I’ve been dreaming lately. I have to do reality checks to convince myself that this isn’t a dream. What’s funny is that when I go to the bathroom, I fear I’m actually peeing the bed… lol. Very anxiety inducing.

I feel like this reality isn’t… the real reality… that sounds stupid. I feel like I need to wake up. When I actually sleep, I don’t feel like I slept at all. I feel like I’m dreaming and I can’t wake up into the real world.

But this world feels boringly normal, so it’s gotta be the real world… but I still feel like I’m not really here. Maybe I’m just not real.

5 Likes

This sounds like a delusion I had where I thought I was in a simulation

1 Like

It’s really bothersome. How did you get your delusion to stop?

1 Like

Medication, and trying to focus on what you know is real

1 Like

Life is a lot less interesting when you realize you aren’t dreaming but for me it was a permanent thing, I just got snapped out of it during treatment 2 years after being diagnosed. Just remind yourself you’re awake and everything around you is real. I know it’s hard but it’s important. It makes talking about it easier and makes life less stressful. It took me awhile but I hope you get there too. I still have hallucinations to deal with but half the battle is over.

The important thing is other people have overcome them so you can too!

2 Likes

To me it sounds more like derealisation than delusion. But then again I suffer plenty from the former (outside my bedroom, certainly outside the house, everything feels like a dream) and according to docs and some people here I also suffer from delusions about it (my belief that we live in a demonic simulation). Derealisation is not per se a psychotic sympton, rather, it tends to be a response to anxiety.

2 Likes

Thank you, @agent101g. I hope mine goes away.

Were you able to get your derealization to go away? Or does it still happen a lot?

1 Like

Sort of chronic right now, but I don’t find it too stressful. It’s like living in Toyland.

That’s good that it isn’t too stressful for you. I wish you the best.

1 Like

I just wanted to say the icons near your name are freaking rad. Do you have two cats a snake and a hamster?

1 Like

Thanks! I do! Haha. :smiley:

1 Like

Then it’d be safe to assume you drink at least two cups of coffee daily… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahahha, I often do! I love coffee. I have 1 to 2 cups per day.

I think i’ve only drank 2 or 3 cups of coffee my entire life.

I’m a weirdo… what the hell am I doing here… when I don’t belong here… woaah woaah! - Radiohead

Seriously though I dunno why I don’t drink coffee. I do like tea though.

1 Like

Tea is good, too! :tea:

1 Like

So how is your dream like feeling going today? Will you be doing anything special for Valentine’s Day? Rawwr. I seem to remember you’re married? You going to get some flowers and chocolates?

Yeah, my husband got me a bunch of candy and roses! :slight_smile: Yay!

What about you? Got anything planned or anything?

My dream feeling isn’t too bad today. Still there, but not too bad. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You lucky punk! Got some good stuff there. I too am a sucker for peanut butter candies. Well, I don’t have anything planned today. Yesterday I took my parents out to Olive Garden and that was nice. Today I think i’ll likely play video games with my friends. They live far so usually we meet up around 7 and play until about 12 AM. We grew up together. One of them I have known since we were in kindergarten. I remember it was a bring a toy to school day and he didn’t have any so I shared my dinosaur toy with him. Ah good memories. We’ve been friends since. Another I played in a musical trio with, Valentine’s day used to be a good money making day for us because we’d have gigs. Serenating women on behalf of their S.O.'s It was loads of fun. Maybe i’ll bring that up when we play. And the other two are a cousin of my kindergarten friend and his coworker. It is fun to have friends to talk to. Other than that it will be an ordinary day. I was joking earlier that this year my dog will be my Valentine. I think i’ll get him a doggy bone to chew on. Oh and glad to hear your dream thing isn’t so bad today.

1 Like

The peanut butter chunky kit kat is a superior chocolate bar

2 Likes