I feel like a failure

I feel like such a failure when it comes to work and school.
I started school a little over a week ago, and my attendance is only 50%.

People irl keep giving me well-meaning advice, saying that I should just try to show up, because showing up and leaving is better than not going at all, but it just makes me feel failed.

I can’t help it that I can’t manage to get to school. Or, I guess I can, but like with the internship, it’s like there’s an internal block keeping me from going. Especially on off-days like today.

It’s like I’m spending so much time on surviving my own head, that I get tired and unconcentrated. I’m sick of it, I need an education, and I need to stay in school until January at least, or I won’t be able to go home for christmas due to stupid government rules about leaving the country.

I don’t want to let everyone and myself down again.

What can I do to keep myself motivated?

1 Like

Make a short term goal …and go for it …:nepal:

3 Likes

Just go for it. No matter how bad you fail. Thats a lesson i learned in recent times when i failed very bad for no reason. Things will improve slowly. But just have the tiny will power to start going to school regularly thats it.

2 Likes

Have you tried studying from home or hiring a private tutor?

You’re only a failure when you give up. Keep on keeping on and you’ll be a success.

“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas Edison on inventing the light bulb.

4 Likes

You’re not a failure, this is hard.

Your best is all anyone can reasonably ask of you.

Try to get all the support you can for success though. Whatever helps you get there. What’s the main sticking point?

1 Like