Feeling paranoid

what to do? im feeling that people are plotting to kill me

Ask your pdoc for an anti anxiety drug, Also, they’ll probably put you on some kind of anti psychotic. I don’t know if Abilify is the right drug for you. Geodon and Seroquel have worked very well for me.

i was on a benzo for anxiety but those are addictive so i quitted

also isnt abilify an antipsychotic??

Yes. I think Abilify is an anti psychotic. I’ve been on it before, and it got me too active and too jittery. It probably increased my anxiety. You have made some improvement on Abilify, so if you like it stay on it. If you object too strenuously to some aspect of your treatment they might put you on a typical antipsychotic. I hate those drugs, but some people on this site like them. To each their own.

i dont want to take typical APs… :confused:

Don’t give them a reason to put you on them. That’s what I mean about fighting the system. If you push them too hard they might put you on a typical ap. If they want to do that it is the time to be assertive. Make sure they know that the drug hurts you. Whatever you do, make no threats of violence. Don’t even mention violence. That’s the quickest way to be put on a typical ap.

how to get off shots btw? i think they shrink my brain

I don’t think you can avoid it. If you come across as really hostile to treatment, they might put you on a typical ap. Try to demonstrate some insight into your condition, but where you’re at now I don’t think you can avoid getting some kind of medication.

Also I’m scared now bc my mom said something to me and i didn’t hear it and i think its something bad

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.